Monday, December 19, 2011
Goobers and Hugs
Last night, before Ben and I were heading off to bed, we checked on the kiddos as we do every night. There's just something so sweet about seeing children sleeping. I don't know if it's because I get to see Lily's legs still for the first time of the day or if it's how Skyler keeps a mountain of stuffed animals on top of him, but I just melt whenever I see them.
So we walked into Lily's room. Ben kneels down next to her bed and sticks his face right next to Lily's. I sit on her bed by her legs and bend over to see her better. It's really sweet in person, though if Lily were to suddenly wake up I'm sure it would freak the mess out of her.... well, sometimes she does wake up, but barely. Last night was one such night. She groggily smiled at us and turned onto her side.
Then she started sniffing.
(Now, this girl sleeps through night with zero bathroom problems, but if she has the tiniest runny nose you might as well turn on the fire alarm, wake up the entire house, and run frantically around searching for tissues.)
So, back to the story. She started sniffing.
Ben and I looked at each other and asked, "Do you want us to get you a tissue?"
She rolled back over and looked at us and smiled. "No." She wiped her palm against her nose, rubbed her hands together, and wiped them off on my dangling hair.
It's a good thing I broke my vow to never shower again. Add the term "Human Tissue" to the roles that I play as a mother.
And since Skyler wanted me to take his picture, too, I guess I'll let you indulge in his cuteness.
Yesterday I witnessed a really sweet moment. I was waiting for the kids in the Primary room to be picked up by their parents, but was able to pick up Skyler from nursery. Ben brought Lily in a little later and I heard Skyler yell, "Lily! You're here! I missed you!" And they ran into each other with a full hug.
I'm pretty sure all of this is worth getting snot in my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
:) I have a solution to our showering problems. We'll shave our heads Feb! If you do it, I'll do it. Pinky promise ;) Maybe Dad would join us too?
While I'd be happy to shave my head, I don't think I want you girls to do that. While I feel sorry for your sons (since the baldness gene is supposedly inherited from the maternal grandfather) I'm very glad that you girls got your mother's beautiful hair (and I'm sure your husbands are glad that you got Mom's hair and not mine).
:D I love your family.
Human Tissue--LOL! Can you tell I really love payback? I wish I could have seen the two hug each other after church--awwwwww!
I wish I could get to know your children! They really have the cutest personalities!
Regarding people from all over the world viewing your blog... There is so much voyerism in today's world - reality TV, facebook, etc.
As a family member I am extremely appreciative for the opportunity that blogging provides to stay connected!
Post a Comment