Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Melting


These two melt me.  *Ahem* When they're not smearing things on the walls as they did once again yesterday.  One of them had better end up being a world famous artist, otherwise it won't be worth it to see toddler handprints everywhere.

Yesterday Lily asked to wear one of her princess dresses.  After getting dressed and twirling around in self-awe she exclaimed, "Now I look like a mother!"  I'm so glad she thinks that my daily jammies/sweats, messy bun, and makeup-less face put me up there with Cinderella and Belle.

Whenever I hold Skyler he tucks his head into my neck and I rub his back.  Now he has started rubbing my back, too.  Whenever he gets a boo boo he asks me to kiss it and when I do he tells me I've missed.  And again.  And again.  Until about 20 kisses later and he's giggling his little head off.


I can't tell you how much fun it has been to see them learn about Christmas.  I don't even know how many times we've watched The Polar Express, Elf, Frosty the Snowman, The Grinch, etc...  They have a difficult time remembering the word "reindeer" so whenever they see Santa's sleigh they yell, "THE MOOSES!!!!"

When I've talked to them about the true meaning of Christmas, they get really excited because birthdays are basically the best days of the year.  I'm pretty sure they're expecting a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas.  We might have to make that happen to lessen their confusion.

P.S.  I've showered.  You don't need to pity Ben anymore.

2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

A Christmas birthday cake is a nice idea, and a tradition worth starting for your cute family!

Liz Wilcken said...

In Japan, they make Christmas cakes, and that's about the extent of their Christmas celebrations.

Kate can't remember what a reindeer is either. She calls Rudolph a pony. :)

PS-Thanks for the Christmas card(s)!