Friday, December 16, 2011
Who Are YOU?
Okay, y'all. Confession time. Umm... this involves you, too. Have you ever blog stalked somebody? Probably. But here's the real question: Have you ever read a blog written by someone you don't know? This is the part when I sheepishly raise my hand. I can't help it, people. Some of y'all (or probably not y'all, because they most likely don't read my blog, too) have fantastic blogs. It's like watching reality tv without commercial breaks, theme music, and a really lame ending.
So.... here's the point I'm getting at. I check my blog's stats every now and then. You know, I'm just a curious person and what not. And wait a second..... who are you people??? Not to be rude, I mean, I think it's cool that someone actually finds me interesting (it must be the vaseline, pictures of my adorable kids, or the myriad of Heather Moments I'm not ashamed to post), but seriously? I'm just that average girl with that average blog. That's it.
Then my next question was this: If y'all are coming from Ukraine, Russia, Britain, Venezuela, Australia, Hong Kong, etc, how in the world do you even understand me? I'm not doubting your ability to speak English. I'm doubting your ability to speak "Heather" aka Southern/movie quotes/improper use of upper cased letters/sarcasm/too much punctuation per sentence/the occassional footnote language that is spoken verbally exactly as it would appear in writing (except, perhaps, that the word "y'all" is not pronounced "y'all." It's pronounced "yaww" with a silent "L" at the end. Okay, wanted to clarify that for a while now. You can now officially pronounce it the correct way in your minds as you read my blog.) Sometimes I wonder if anyone besides Ben and my immediate family even have a clue as to what I'm saying...
Moving on.
So welcome all y'all. I think it's pretty cool that you're visiting. And if you leave a comment telling me where you live I'll return the favor. You know. If you've got guts and all that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I totally hear you on this one. I have 12,000 hits on my blog. It averages 800 hits a month. Who is reading that thing? So, I'm April - I'm reading your lovely blog from Puyallup, WA and while I don't speak Southern, I am fluent in Redneck...
Hi I'm Karen from Bothell, WA. I totally don't get your accent but I do speak "Mommy." I read April from Puyallup's blog alot too.
I'm Carla from West Jordan, UT - we just had dinner at Village Inn and when three of us refused the waitress's offer for fry sauce, she asked, "Are you from Utah? Why don't you want the sauce??" I read your blog because we all love you and your cute family!
I'm Liz. I'm a chocoholic. And I have 5 kids ages 6 and under. And I stalk your blog. But I ain't gonna tell you whar I'm from!!! Mwahahahahaha. And I stalk April's blog too!
I'm Linda from Sandy, UT. I read your blog because I love your insight on life. And being the "matriarch" of the extended M. family, I can claim you as my own:)
Really! I was amazed.....oh, and I'm Mom. You know where I'm from :D
I'm Becca from Lake Jackson TX. And I love reading about your adventures because (minus the Vaseline) I have adventures just like you! Your just sound so good on 'paper' that it makes mine feel better, too. There you go comrade!
We're in originally from Raleigh but living out west now. I know your family and really enjoy your blog, though I actually can't remember the last time I saw you personally, haha. So label me a semi-stalker :)
I'm mum/grandmum/Brenda and I love your blog because I love you. And I'm from Hurricane, UT and would love to have you visit. I have a slight problem with leaving the 'l' off the pronunciation of y'all though; I tried it out loud and in my mind and I just can't do it!
Hi I'm Matt Damon, citizen internationale, and I'll have to plead guilty to viewing your blog from various locales on this beautiful planet of ours as I travel around the world filming pictures and other stuff that seems pretty cool, but really is all just a part of being me. NOT!
I'm just the guy that should get 1/4 of the credit (at least genetically) for your kids being so cute. WAIT, maybe I should get 1/2 the credit because I was smart enough to marry Mom :-)
I'm Christa, Ben's long-lost cousin from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I will fully admit to blog stalking you and a few of the other cousins to see what you guys are up to and to see the adorable pictures of your kids! It's my way of keeping tabs on family that I wouldn't have the opportunity to see or talk to. And by the way, I love your blog. You make me smile, and you are really good at writing -- keep up the good work! I'm glad to have you as a cousin (even if we don't know each other at all) :)
Actually I hate it more when the stalker leaves a comment, it feels more real and gets under my skin more. I want them to go away. They can stalk in silence.
I admit I blog stalk you but not as much as Meghan :P but then again, what are cousins for?
This is gramps. Sorry that I do not leave comments more often, but I prefer the weekly phone calls.
Love y'all.
Hey heather,
It's Jill (Bartholomew) and I read your blog when I can:) I live in S. Ogden, Ut (sometimes it comes up as Bountiful). Anyway come to my blog if you are board. My life is pretty crazy with 4 kids 5 and under (twins). I have the exact opposite "set up" as Lizzy.
Jill Nelson
PS> i babysat you guys once or twice.
Post a Comment