Saturday, February 4, 2012

Randoms

Enjoy this pic I took on our trip to the mountains back in October.  [Insert excuse for not snapping photos for the last while here]



  • Lily has finally given up on her 6+ months plea to play in the snow.  I think it's fairly safe to say that we won't be getting any this winter.  I mean, it's only been in the 60's (and one day this week, the 70's) for a better part of this "winter."  Ugh.  I am desperate for snow.  And yes, I do love snow.  Now Lily's asking to go to the pool and the beach. 
  • I lost 8 pounds in the first month and a half of my pregnancy and I've gained about 7 of them back at last.  Fortunately, my cravings have been somewhat healthy.  Not the chili cheese dogs and nectarine smoothies that I craved with Lily, or the spicy anything that I craved with Skyler.  For now it's just lots of fruit and lots of cheese with crackers. 
  • I got to see the baby for the first time this week.  Very wiggly.  Very Macbeth.  Very healthy. 
  • Ben got a promotion that included a nice-sized raise.  We're pretty ecstatic about it.  What an awesome hubby.
  • Skyler has finally figured out how to use a pillow as a pillow instead of a stuffed animal as a pillow.
  • Although Ben adores having fish, I hate it.  I find it very emotionally draining.  I'm constantly looking to see if one is dead, and if they're not dead, they're having other health problems.  I feel like having a dog was easier than fish.  Gosh.  Oh, and we have a pregnant guppy.  I make sure she gets extra food because she looks unhappy when she doesn't.  I've been there.  We pregnant girls have got to stick together.
  • Our friends rock.

5 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

yay! Before you see the baby it seems so much like you're feeling crappy because you ate something bad for lunch ;)

David & Brenda said...

I thought I posted a comment that was clever bu don't see it here and now my cleverness has vanished, so I'll leave that department to you. It's definitely not random to say Dave and I love this sweet family very much!

April Bishop said...

Nice job, Ben! and my girls use stuffed animals as pillows... Alix uses a giant unicorn and Erin uses a teeny tiny frog... Your kids are cute. Can't wait to see what #3 looks like...

Chrissy said...

Love this update! So happy that your pregnancy is going well. And congrats on the raise! That is awesome!!

Michal Thompson said...

ashlyn has been beggin for snow too. We will keep you in our prayers!