Most of my life I've been a pretty artistic person. You wouldn't know that if you've met me anytime since high school, but it's true. Ben also has his artistic past. I always hoped our genes would make for some artistic kiddos.
And with Lily, it always looked promising. The girl demands art time every day. Paints, crayons, markers, pens, pencils, colored pencils, etc. There is a reason why we're painting our walls with semi-gloss. So I've been on the lookout for when her pictures started to look like what she told me she drew. I'm actually surprised it has taken this long (considering how often she gets artsy). But here it is in all of its glory! A picture of Mommy, Daddy, her half-baked little sister, a ball (if there isn't going to be a Skyler in the picture he'll be happy to know that at least it was a ball that replaced him), and our friends.
Skyler has almost zero interest in art. As proof, I give you the picture above. Do you see those few faint purple lines? Yeah, that's the most drawing I've seen from him in a long time. Every Sunday when Ben would pick Skyler up from nursery, he'd be handed a picture that Skyler "drew." It would always be a blank picture with the only color coming from his name in the corner. A few weeks ago Ben asked his awesome nursery leaders why he never draws. They told Ben that drawing time comes right after snack time and Skyler's always the last one done eating because he gets second or third helpings. Now this is no surprise to us. It's not uncommon for Skyler to take an hour to eat a meal (much to my impatient dismay). They told Ben that by the time he's done eating, coloring time is over and it's time for bubbles. In his nursery class last year he would scarf off whatever his classmates had abandoned on the table and he would even dumpster dive into their trash can for any leftovers. Oh, Skyler. You are the biggest lunchmouth I've ever met and you've been that way since you were born. I know I want you to keep your cheeks forever, but I know they're not going to be so attractive when you're 16 and trying to impress some girl. Just a heads up.
1 comment:
Wow Heather. You're smiling so big in that first picture, your smile is off your face!
Post a Comment