She writes her name by herself. The next thing I know, she'll be dating. Ugh. I never realized it until I became a mom, but you only get your kids for 18ish years. That's definitely a "Duh" statement, but it's less than 1/4 of your life. Lame-o.
Things we've done this week:
- Filled our 50 foot raised garden bed with 13 cubic yards of soil. By ourselves. With lots of shouts of "No, you do NOT throw dirt back out of the garden box!" to Lily and Skyler. If we would have had that much delivered to us we would have paid over $300. Since we borrowed a friend's truck and went to a place 3 minutes away (5 truck loads heaping over the cab, mind you) we only spent $105. Woot.
- Got Skyler to the doctor after he had been battling a cold for 2 1/2 weeks. It was his 3rd visit during this sickness. He finally got an antibiotic after not sleeping or eating for those weeks. He managed to lose 4 pounds, too. Don't worry, though. His cheeks are still there.
- Put 3 paint samples up on the walls of our downstairs. They're all wrong.
- I started prepping for Baby Girl's nursery. Even though we bought neutral bedding when we were getting ready to have Lily, I have still felt the need to give each kid his or her own theme. Lily: baby animals. Skyler: dogs, balls, and bones. Baby #3: flowers. I've started painting for the first time since high school. I now regret letting Lily watercolor with my good paint brushes because she's managed to lose them and now I'm stuck painting 2 foot flowers with Lily's cheapo watercolor brush.
- Forced myself to nest. With Skyler, the nesting phase never hit me. I'm worried that this will happen again so I'm dedicating my entire 2nd trimester to "fake nesting." My to do list on Pinterest keeps getting longer, too.
And 2nd, (after waking up during a thunderstorm in the middle of the night) "Daddy! There are flashlights outside!"
Skyler's super gross quote of the week: (after coughing up a bunch of phlegm) "Mmmmm!!! It tastes yummy in my teeth!"

6 comments:
She's ALIVE!! Yay. :)
I thought Lily's thing said, "Uh" until I read your post. Love the quotes. And if you really wanted nice lookin' flowers the un-artistic me goes for the large flower decals you can buy for pretty good deals:
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/flower-stripe-giant-wall-decal.aspx
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/tulip-wall-decals.aspx
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/growing-flowers-wall-decals.aspx
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/poppies-at-play-wall-decals.aspx
or there's lots of smaller ones, if you were thinking smaller. TONS available. ;) Love ya!
oooo...here's some more... (you know I'm not gonna give two cents. More like a few dollars worth, but it don't bother me none if you don't take it!)
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/spring-cherry-blossom-tree-wall-decals.aspx
Love these gerber daisies:
http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/gerber-daisies-wall-decals.aspx
Hilarious quotes! Love ya'll
Great quotes!! Sounds like a LOT of work hauling and spreading that dirt; wish we could have helped all y'all. Glad Skyler still has his cheeks. :)
Do you need to take care of any fake nesting projects at our house? Oh, I bought wall decals for our nursery at the Dollar Tree this week. They're cute...you'll have to see them! Bought the first gift for Granddaughter #6...couldn't help myself! :D
you've been busy with lots of fun stuff!
Post a Comment