Now you see it....
And now you don't!
That's how each of my pregnancies has been. My tummy is 100% in front. That is normal me + 10 pounds. I'm just 26 weeks. I have one more week of this trimester and I plan to spend my 3rd eating like a Capitol citizen of Panem.
This pregnancy has by far been my easiest. Only 3 weeks of sickness in the begining. No heartburn (I wonder if the old wives' tale will come true and this baby will be my first baldy!). No charlie horses in my sleep. No weird cravings. Well, really, no real cravings at all. No RH- problems with my blood. If it weren't for the lovely kicks I get every time I wiggle into a comfortable sleeping position, I'd wonder if I was even pregnant at all. But then I look in a mirror and think, "Holy guacamole. There's something growing in there."
The only tough part about this pregnancy is my low blood pressure. It's always been low, but it likes to drop as soon as I get pregnant and continue to spiral downward until I deliver. When I was in labor with Skyler my blood pressure was 67/17. Most people say, "Oh you're so lucky that you have low blood pressure. It's so much healthier." But that's not what I'm thinking when doing dishes for 30 minutes = collapsing onto the floor from exhaustion. Every time I stand up I have to bend over to recover from a blackout and then I pant as if I've just sprinted 5 miles. It gets really really old. So housework has to be done in spurts. I have to take lots of breaks. And I end up becoming very familiar with episodes of Curious George and SuperWhy.
But last night I had a hard time falling asleep because I'm just so overwhelmingly excited! I've been putting so much focus on mentally preparing myself for all the night feedings, the exhaustion, the recovery, the adjustment for Lily and Skyler, etc. that I haven't even taken the time to get excited. So as I've been slowly (but surely) working on decorating this nursery (which is going to be the epitome of girliness.... yay!) it has started clicking that I am going to have another baby girl. Last night I just wanted to roll over in bed, shake Ben awake, and say, "We're going to have a little girl!" But I knew he'd just roll his eyes at me and go back to sleep (Not that he's not excited. Just maybe not at 11:30 PM).
We think we have a name. But, until it's set in stone, it will be left off the blog. Here's to only 14 more weeks until I get to snuggle a little 8 pounder in my arms. I'm way too excited.
6 comments:
Wow! Best week ever! Heather has posted 3 times in one week! :D Thanks for the pictures :) They surely are getting so tall! And your hair is getting long! And for the record, I like the name Mom and Dad said you perhaps had picked out. That was on of the first names we were thinking about for a twin too!
Heather, I have low blood SUGAR during pregnancy and it causes lots of issues! I also have generally low blood pressure, too. Blowdrying my hair was like an intense workout (complete with head between legs or laying down on the bed)... doctor told me I just need to eat when I felt that way. Woo hoo! Eat more sugar!? Okay! <3
You look amazing! I hope I look that good my next pregnancy :) Also, I love that your kids love Superwhy! Macey is obsessed with "The Cat and The Hat Knows A lot About That". We watch it everyday, and we catch a little bit of Superwhy...she loses interest after about 10 minutes, but I love that show :) haha...gotta love PBS!
What? You're pregnant in that first picture? I guess I didn't look up past your super hot shoes! =)
you look ADORABLE! I am so glad things are going well. We have been praying for you, thats why.
I noticed the same thing APril did...I can't believe you can wear shoes like that when you are pregnant!!!! You look gorgeous! The kids look so cute too! I love the look on Sky's face and Lily's tanned little legs! =)
Did both kids paint the mural? My thought was how lucky they didn't paint your clothes while they were painting the mural!
How nice to have a park across the street!
Post a Comment