A little while ago Ben was out gardening when he brought in this little beauty. I was completely surprised because we don't have any trees in our yard, so why would we have a hatched robin egg in our grass?
It's funny because whenever people have asked what color we've been painting our downstairs I'd tell them it was basically a light robin egg blue. I had no idea how true that was until we held up the egg next to the wall.
Then a couple of days later we found our answer as to where the egg came from. This definitely isn't the best shot of our covered porch, but if you look closely you can see the nest that was built on top of the pillar. Better than a home in a tree if you ask me! Now every time I walk out my front door a bird flies away, perches on my neighbor's house, and then stares me down until I'm back inside.
So the downstairs is basically painted (we just have one small area that still needs to be done). Skyler is potty trained (although he does have his share of accidents). And the kiddos are sleeping together in bunk beds. My 3 big pre-baby goals are officially accomplished!
My next pre-baby goals consist of the following (in no particular order):
- Finish nursery (finish painting flowers, cover new-to-us chair, move in changing table)
- Finish making bows/hair accessories
- Be able to wear my 5 inch heels all the way up to D-Day.
- Celebrate all 4 of our birthdays without scrimping on the kids' (even though Skyler's is the day before my due date). Also squeeze in our anniversary and Father's Day.
- Successfully convince people that I'm not waddling yet. Because I'm not. Not at all. But don't come over to my house with binoculars to check.


4 comments:
Yeah, I was quite impressed watching you walk around in 5 inch heel boots the other day all while managing two small children.
You are a constant source of inspiration to me Heather! And what kind of paint did ya'll use. Matt is saying he's not going let me do any painting 'cause of the fumes, (but that's silly because of his hands and I paint better anyways.)
When I saw another color in your title, I held my breath...... I'm glad all is well on all fronts and that robin egg blue brings only smiles. :)
we have a nest in the exact same spot at our house! I had making the mom fly away when i open my door!
Post a Comment