Monday, October 22, 2012

Ella Update

I think I'm overdue for an Ella update.  She is a huge part of our lives right now -- even if it doesn't show on the blog. 

 
Lily and Skyler were both chia pets, too, but I'm pretty sure Ella deserves some sort of award for her hair.  It's about 3-4 inches long all over her entire head.  It's full of curl and I have to wash it with head and shoulders during each bath to get rid of her cradle cap.  And since Lily and Skyler never lost any of their hair, I'm not expecting Ella to lose hers either.  It's darker at the ends and pretty light at the roots.  But it's different colors all over her head.  I'm not quite sure how it will all look when it's grown out, but for now I'm just hoping it's not zebra print.  Mmmm.  I just love rubbing my nose around in all that head fluff.
 

She's such a happy baby.  She only cries when she feels like she's been neglected for too long.  Depending on the day that could mean 45 seconds or 45 minutes.  But she's getting better at realizing that I've got my hands full and I can't hold her every second of the day.  She is especially happy first thing in the morning.  Whenever she wakes up she just beams at us like we're the best things that ever happened to her.  I always imagine her thinking, "Look at me Mommy!  I slept through the night!  Aren't you so proud of me?!?!"  Her happiness is pretty contagious.  Oh, and yes, she sleeps through the night about 80-90% of the time now.  Have I mentioned that I love this baby?
 

She is finally starting a schedule.  I'm not much of a schedule person myself, but I LOVE it when my kids are finally on one.  She takes a long nap in the morning, a long nap in the afternoon, and she stays awake until about 8 PM.  We wake her up to give her a bottle at 9, stick her in bed, and (most of the time) say goodnight until about 6:30 the next morning.
 


I'm not going to lie.  I thought three kids would be really really hard.  But people kept telling me that the third child is typically a mellow baby and since I'm a third child, I can testify of that.  Just kidding!  But Ella really does fit that stereotype.  And we love it.  Lily and Skyler have adjusted very well and help me out all the time.  The only real adjustment I've had to make is that I have a whole lot more laundry to do (I always forget how much laundry a baby goes through...) and I just have to be okay with the fact that at the end of the day not everything is going to get done, hence my freezer meals.  Other than that, we are a happy little bunch over here and Ella's one of the reasons why.  I just have to remind myself to enjoy everything while I can because she's already pushing 3 months and I have no idea where the time has flown. 

6 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

I want the secret to hairy babies. I think there is a possibility that Ella has more hair than the twins. My poor girls :( Mellow 3rd baby...ha. Kate is NOT mellow, so I had to laugh at that. :) Glad Ella is though. She's so preciously cute!

David & Brenda said...

Mmmm! Love Ella updates!

Becca said...

Her hair is fantastic! What a cutie! Can't wait to meet her!!

April Bishop said...

Her cheeks are delicious! And I love her hair. Sweet, little, gorgeous-faced little gal!

Michal Thompson said...

i love the curly hair! I am so jealous, she is such a good sleeper!

Mary Ann said...

Precious cherub! Loved the photos.