Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Happy Halloween.
 
When we went to Costco and got Halloween candy, I kept in mind my mom's rule: only give away candy that you would actually eat yourself.  So we bought 3 humongo bags of chocolate candy to give away to trick-or-treaters.  But you'd better believe I sorted through that candy and kept the good stuff for us in the pantry and gave all the littles (and not so littles) weird stuff like Milky Way midnights or whatever they're called.
 

 Since Ben's habit of getting sick on birthdays and holidays popped up a few days ago, I got to be the lucky one to take the kiddos trick-or-treating for the first time.  Yep.  The very first.  Last year was supposed to be their first go but we didn't feel like venturing out in the mini-hurricane-like weather.
 
Skyler was Buzz Lightyear (again....) and Miss Lil was Belle.  It was so funny because whenever someone would ask her who she was she'd look at them weird and say, "Lily."  Belle, Lily.  Belle.
 
 
We went trick-or-treating with the Wilsons.  We had a practice round at our front door first.
 

The kiddos.
 

 Left: Ben's pumpkin.  Right: My pumpkin that I dedicated to Ben in all his sick glory.  But mainly because doing an Avengers, Hunger Games, or Downton Abbey pumpkin sounded too hard. 

 Left: Lily's Hello Kitty pumpkin (carved by me).  Right: Skyler's Finding Nemo shark (carved by Ben).  Unfortunately the shark face shrunk over night.  Boo.
 
 
They were pretty happy with their spoils.  Although I have to laugh at that because back in the day, I took trick-or-treating very seriously.  I'd fill up an entire pillow case.  It's a miracle I was skinny back then.
 
 
And Ella just had to wear the mermaid costume we made for Lily back in the day. 
 

Why does Ariel wear sea shells?
Because she can't fit into D-shells.
*cheesy joke courtesy of Pinterest*
 
Ben's going to kill me for posting that.  Bahahaha.
 
Hope everyone's Halloween was as fabulous as ours.  Except for the whole Ben-being-sick thing. 

6 comments:

thepodfather said...

Cute! Love the pictures (and I even liked the joke).

David & Brenda said...

Absolutely adorable! So sorry Benjamin is sick. We loved the joke too.

David & Brenda said...

By the way, awesome carving!

Becca said...

Wish we could have gone Trick or Treating with you guys! We didn't any kids. :( Oh well...more candy for us!

Liz Wilcken said...

If your pumpkins shrink next year. Put them in the tub with some warm water for a couple hours. It totally works, and isn't messy. I learned that trick from a professional pumpkin carver in UT. Saved my Mona Lisa pumpkin a few years ago :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome Halloween!