Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lily -- our little Sunbeam



First of all, I adore Lily.  I've always looked at her as this funny unique kid.  But lately I've figured out the truth.  She is a mini-me.  She copies everything I do, she talks like me, and even walks around in my 6 inch heels on a daily basis (because I totally do that.  Riiiiight. *wink*)

I completely forgot to update the blog about our ward's Primary Program that happened a month ago.  First of all, shout out to the Garner Ward Primary.  They still blow me out of the water with how well they do in these things.  They have the music completely memorized way ahead of time, they're reverent, and on the ball.  So as the first counselor in the presidency, I was excited to sit back, relax, and enjoy the program when that Sunday came. 

Ben and I got there early to get a front row seat (have I ever mentioned that the Primary Program is my favorite Sunday of the year?)  So when they invited the kids up onto the stand, I got excited, especially since Lily was the third kid to give her line.  "I can choose the right by being nice to everyone."  She was thrilled when it was her turn to go up to the pulpit.  Lily pretty much is never shy. 

But since her part was over with quickly, the rest of the program was sort of a bore for her.  So from her seat on the stand, she and Skyler kept talking/yelling to each other.  Can I tell you how hard it is to parent someone who is sitting far away from you?  You basically just have to point at them, quietly shush them, and throw threatening stares their way.  But no.  It didn't do too much. 

Some examples?  When the kids finished singing one of their songs and sat down together and were perfectly quiet, Lily kept standing up and pointed down at Skyler in a rock star type of way and shouted, "Skyler!  You're so handsome!"  Then in another silent lull we heard Lily loudly telling her teacher, "Skyler still poops in his diapers at night time."

She is our pride and joy. :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

hilarious! love it.

Becca said...

I was laughing so hard at this that Lacy came over to lick my face to "comfort" me. Love my Lil!

David & Brenda said...

That little girl is priceless!

Mary Ann said...

The world is so much better having Lily in it!!! I need my regular Lily-fix.

Cheryl said...

I could get the HEY! part of Lily's talk from the video. So funny!!!! Thank you for the window into your lives! We love you and your family!!