So. There are a lot of Sunbeams in our ward. So Lily has waited patiently this entire year to give her first talk in Primary. Each week she even gets up at the pulpit and talks into the microphone until I take it down along with all the other Primary props that belong in the closet. So when she was given a little slip a couple of weeks ago saying that she was going to give a talk on RESPECTING OTHERS (remember this, it's important), she was thrilled. She sat down with Ben and they wrote it out.
The day of her talk came and after Sacrament Meeting ended, the boy who sat in front of us handed Lily a picture of a horse that he had colored for her. To say that she was ecstatic would be an understatement. When we got to Primary I made her put it under her seat so that she wouldn't be flashing it around during her talk. Little did I know that while Lily was giving her talk, one of her fellow Sunbeams would steal it and run around the front of the room with it (check him out at 39 seconds).
The best part of her talk?
"In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
"HEY! THAT! IS! MIIIIIIIINE!!!!!"
Cue the part where Lily totally chews out her little buddy in front of Primary.
I think we can all agree that Lily totally understood the concept of respecting others.
Did I mention that I was conducting that day? And that I started my laugh-cry? And that I basically just had to point at people to sing the welcome and birthday songs?
Yeah.
Unfortunately while I was recording this, I had no idea that her talk would end on such a.... dramatic note. Otherwise I would have recorded that, too. But at least you get the first "HEY!"
Enjoy.
4 comments:
Good job, Lily! You're a special girl and we love you.
Love you, Lily! Wish we could have been there for your noteworthy talk!
Preston and I have enjoyed quoting Lily's talk. You'd better believe that Preston was smiling his biggest smile throughout the whole video and laughing. Yep...he's still in love with Miss Lil. :)
Thanks for posting the freezer meal recipes as well! I'm excited to try some out! I'm just waiting for a good sale on chicken!
Love, love, loved it (all of it :D)!!
Post a Comment