Skyler yelling, "Bad Mommy!" for taking too many pictures of him. I should probably have this face recorded somewhere since this is the look I get for the better part of the day. It's an interesting relationship we have. He's mad at me most of the time and yet he wants to live in my lap. Hmmm....
On Sundays when I was a kid I played something called the "marshmallow game" with my dad and sisters. It's simple really. Daddy would ask us a trivia gospel question and if we got the answer right we would get a marshmallow. I'm pretty sure he used pennies and chocolate chips, too. (And let me add that I really did learn a lot about the gospel from this game. After all, every 5 year-old should know that another name for Satan is Beelzebub). Well we decided to play that game for FHE this week and we used popcorn instead. We asked them simple questions like "Where are you going to get married?" and "What did Noah build?" and "Who is the prophet today?" Fun, right? The kids ate their fair share of popcorn and were happy to play.
So. The next morning happened. I thought I'd take a break and watch a movie with Lily and Skyler while Ella was napping. They asked for popcorn. I promise we don't eat popcorn on a daily basis, but I said "Sure you can!" I made them a big bowl to share and when Skyler went to grab a handful Lily said, "Wait! You have to answer a question first." She proceeded to ask him gospel question and when he got the answer right she let him eat it. Then it was Skyler's turn.
Skyler: "What do you do when you get sick?"
Lily: *staring at him like that's the dumbest question in the universe* "Um. You go to the doctor. And they give you medicine."
Skyler: "WRONG! Temple, Lily. Temple."
All while I'm just sitting on the couch watching this play out with my hand over my mouth.
Another quote of the day:
Me: *frustrated* "Skyler, why did you wet your bed last night?"
Skyler: "Because my bed needed a drink." *Grins*
6 comments:
Oh man! All the fun things to look forward to! Lily and Skyler look SO SO SO big! And honestly... how do you possibly fit those pants on Lily? I know how hard it is to get skinnies on myself. But a toddler? You go, girl!
Fond memories of playing the marshmallow game together. Glad it is moving on to the next generation. It would be nice to be able to understand what is going on in kids' heads sometimes. But they sure are cute and always make me smile.
I remember playing the marshmellow game with you guys...but I think we used pennies :) I think we could then buy a dessert with however many pennies we had...? So fun! Glad the tradition passed on! :)
Long live the marshmallow game and kudos to Dad for inventing it! I really laughed at the kids' version of it :D. Great photos too. I think Preston will die when he sees the one of Lily.
I think we should play the popcorn game over Skype sometime...
Cute kids! Skyler is right. When we get sick, we call the temple. Way to go kiddo! Loving your new camera too.
Post a Comment