Friday, November 9, 2012

A Little Bit of Life

 I've never posted pictures of the kids at my parents' house since we've lived with them.  But it's a fairly regular thing for us to go over and play for the day.  They have a whole different set of toy and games, plus there's always the chance that we'll go out to "chick-a-lay" for lunch (which is pretty much what my kids live for).
 

 Lil's Tinker Bell fairies.
 

 Blocks.  Lizzie and Becca -- remember these?
 

 This picture was not hard to capture at all.  This happens a bajillion times a day.  Lily loves to snuggle Ella, and Ella loves it too.  Although I'd be lying if I didn't mention that Ben and I have used the word, "smother" and the phrase "literally love to death" a few times.  Needless to say, we keep an eye on them, and more often than not, tell Lily to give her baby sister some space. 
 

 The beloved bunny slippers.
 

 Skyler's very in touch with his feminine side.  Instead of playing with princesses and littlest pet shop animals, later he was playing with toy lions and dinosaurs in the castle.  And he told me it was a temple.  Pretty sure that makes no sense.
 

 Have I ever mentioned that I love Ben's new job?  Yeah.  I do.  And he does, too.  He has worked from home the last 8 out of 10 workdays.  And sometimes he'll hold Ella while he's working if I'm busy doing calling stuff or cooking or whatever.  One of the reasons why we chose this job was so that we could see him more.  And that is worth more than any paycheck.
 

 Before this job, we rarely took the kids out on dates (as in one parent and one child).  But with Ben working oftentimes from home, we do it regularly.  It's a good investment for family happiness.  This was Lily and Ben yesterday before their date.  Lily told me that she wanted to look pretty for her date (AAAAAWWWW!!!!) and so I let her choose the most horrible outfit her own outfit and we put a vest on her so that she'd "be warm."  I did her hair and (as usual) as soon as I was done she ran up to Ben to show him how pretty she looked.  I'm going to miss it when these days are gone.
 

And here's Angel Baby.  She's been sleeping through the night for close to a month now. And by sleeping through the night I mean anything from 8-12 hours at a whack, and she taught herself how. She hardly cries.  She has such a strong sweet spirit.  I can't explain it, but this little girl just has sweetness glowing from her.  Mmmmm.  I'm glad we got her.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Your kids are so cute! I seriously can't wait to play with them next month! Ella better watch out because I just might literally love her to death, too!

I love your new camera and all of the gorgeous picture you've been taking! We just need more photos with you in them. :)

Liz Wilcken said...

Wait...Ella's more than a month old? Someone tell me the date.

And while I totally remember those blocks, I'd be careful. Lead paint you know. I'm serious.

Anonymous said...

SO glad Ben's new job has been such a blessing for you guys! And that little baby girl of yours is just SO precious. If she could have a little chat with ours when she gets here next month...you know, the whole "be the best baby ever since you're #3 and it would be awesome for Mommy"...that would be great :)

David & Brenda said...

Really 'feel good' post!

April Bishop said...

Could your kids be any more delicious? My girls loved just looking at these pictures....