Monday, November 26, 2012

Ben's Portrait As Drawn By Lily

What Ben looks like according to our camera.
 

What Ben looks like according to Lily's interpretive artistic skill.  The lines on the bottom of his face are his beard.  The lines within his smile are his teeth.  And those lines to the left and right of his head?  No.  Those aren't arms.  They're his ear hair.  Well done Lily.  You capture your father so well.

5 comments:

David & Brenda said...

When I saw that there was another blog entry so soon, it felt like an early Christmas present. And it really was! Lily's artistic skills have definitely advanced. But...I sure had a good laugh at Benjamin's expense! I'm still giggling. :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha! This is amazing! I have to say that I am a fan of the ears on the head. For some reason, when I look at the drawing, the phrase "I am Ben, hear me Roar!" comes into my head. Maybe because it kind of looks like a lion.

April Bishop said...

Most excellent! And I love that his ear hairs are so far from his ears... It might be time for a trim, Ben. Apparently they show... =)

Karen said...

The side by side is what really shows her skill....or it shows something about Ben?? :) Love it!

Cheryl said...

Lily's interpretation of Ben reminded me of a lion as well. A male lion is quite a strong creature...it also eats its young, so maybe watch out. Children always over emphasizes, in their drawings, the parts of their subject that stand out the most to them. In this case I would say that Benjamin's smile is the major focal point (and beard). From this I would interpret that Lily sees her dad as a friendly, hairy man.