Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Things I Don't Want To Ever Forget

Angel Baby.  That's her nickname.  I mean, she has angel everything.  Angel hair.  Angel face.  Angel personality. Angel smile.  Angel hunnies (It's impossible for this baby to get diaper rash.  Lucky girl.)  She's an angel all over.  I feel like she glows sometimes.  She's that kind of a baby who's mellow but loves to be snuggled.  I could hold her all day long.  And sometimes I do.  Mmmmm.
EDIT:  When Ben saw this picture posted he said, "That's a really great picture you took of yourself."  ?????????

My three.  Triple mmmmm.
Notice the necklace that Ella's wearing.  You'll never guess which adoring sibling put that on her.



Things I Don't Want To Forget: 

  • Prayers that include "Please help us to go to sleep during church time," and "Please bless Jesus to sleep well," and "Please bless Mia (aka my parents' dog)", and -- my personal favorite -- "Please bless Jesus to be good."
  • Lily attempting to put lip gloss on Ella behind my back.  
  • The kids freaking out if they don't get to give Ben a hug before he heads out to work.
  • Lily and Skyler being dance partners on a daily basis.
  • That if I have a million things in my lap when I'm sitting down that Skyler will still manage to wiggle his way in.  And that he steals my blankie every day.
  • That Ella stops crying as soon as she sees you come in the room and that she's been like this since birth.
  • That they will ask me to say a special prayer if they think there are monsters in their room.
  • That Lily will yell at Ben for saying "stupid" (which is a bad word at our house) and she never catches it when I accidentally say it.
  • That when I'm tired and I close my eyes on the couch, Skyler will tuck me into my blanket a little more and lightly rub my face.

Between the Three of Them:
  • 23.5 hours of labor
  • 27 months of pregnancy
  • Countless sleep deprived nights
  • Who knows how many bajillion dollars spent
  • A million other sacrifices
Totally worth it.  100%.

4 comments:

thepodfather said...

No doubt about it - your kids are cute, loving, entertaining, energetic, and thoughtful. Where do you think they got that from, hmmm? Here's my breakdown:
cute - from both grandmothers and you.
loving - from both parents and all grandparents.
entertaining - from you and Ben.
energetic - that one's easy - from Brenda.
thoughtful - again I'm thinking this comes from both parents and all grandparents.

Unknown said...

You guys are a cute, happy family. Love you!

David & Brenda said...

Well I'm totally filled with warm fuzzies now...and that includes the comment from your dear father. And I do have to admit that when I first looked at that second picture I saw you too, not Lily. My brain immediately shifted to recognize that it was Lily but I had to do a double-take.

Alex and Family said...

Haha! Your three kids took up as much labor time as Charlie did! I was in labor for 23 hours with him. Does that mean I have the equivalent of 3 kids? Haha... just kidding. Charlie always has just wanted to do things on his own time. I love your sweet little family! <3