Grandmum and Pop Pop came into town to visit. We were all a little thrilled.
There was lots of horse riding on the porch. Ella had her first turn with Lily. That was an instant hit.
I think Ben's mum put it best. "The blog just doesn't do her hair justice." Agreed.
We had to have another outing to Pullen Park so we could play.
Cutest picture ever? Yes. (Please keep in mind that there are several pictures labeled "Cutest picture ever")
I give you Brenda I and Brenda II. I'm not lying when I tell people that I gave birth to my in-laws. (So make sure you have good lookin' in-laws, people, in case it happens to you)
Daddy's Girl
I may be makeup-less and have crazy hair, but I still think this is a good one of me and the Little Handsome.
Everyone who has been to Pullen Park knows about the carousel. I had one friend refer to it as a "death ride." Pretty accurate, I think. Except without the actual death part. But it's fast.
Enjoying her curls blowing in the wind.
It wouldn't be a legitimate visit if smile cookies were not made with Grandmum.
There were lots of old pictures and movie clips to look at. And sadly also thumbs to be sucked.
And this one cuddled with Grandmum like this for over an hour. Ella's a cuddler, but for over an hour? No way. About an hour after this picture was taken poor Ella threw up and we knew the reason for all the cuddling. I mean, look at that face.
And just for the record, I have to say how thankful I am for my kids health. That was the third time we've ever had a kid throw up. I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
We planned a fun picnic the last night to say goodbye. And by referring to it as a "fun picnic" I should clarify that it actually ended up with Ella throwing up in her stroller and Skyler needing to poop 3 times when there wasn't a bathroom in sight. Excellent. But there was Bojangles, so I'm pretty sure that makes up for all the times Skyler had to do the potty dance.
We ended up the trip with some priesthood blessings and a long night of talking amongst the adults. It was fun. But even with all these fun pictures, I'm pretty sure that these were the only 100% fun moments during the visit. Mum and Dad were here for a week and most of that time was spent doing some serious work around our house. We got some painting done that was long overdue. Y'all may or may not remember the time when the kiddos became graffiti pros and used a blue marker to liven up the entire wall over our bed. And on our bed. And scriptures. And clothes. And closet.
*Ahem*
That was over a year ago, and that lovely abstract mural is now gone thanks to Ben and his dad and my parents' awesome paint that just happened to match our bedding.
Power washing, deep cleaning, de-cluttering, re-arranging, garage cleaning, and de-vaseline-ing also happened.
Yes. De-vaseline-ing is now a word.
(For future reference, acetone gets vaseline off of flat paint. 1 million points to Ben's dad for teaching us this.)
We're so grateful for all their selfless help. Our house looks about a hundred million times better than before. Also, the kiddos are about a hundred million times happier now that they've had their Grandmum and Pop Pop fix.
Loves!
3 comments:
I need to visit ya'll! And I really need to cuddle all my nieces and nephews too! Yep, that means belly hugs :)
Grandparent visits are the best! (and you guys have the cutest kids ever. But don't tell mine I told you that...) Love you!
We had a great time! Just being with your family...no matter what we were doing...made it perfect. Thanks for being so good to us. We can't wait to come back!!! (And, of course, the 3 exclamation marks have significance...just ask the kids :))
Post a Comment