Lots of things have been happening lately. Lots of change. Lots of emotion. Lots of bittersweet things. I'm not really emotionally ready to talk about it to anyone yet because I somehow believe that I can avoid talking about this and that everything can always stay the same. Just know that this is actually a fantastic thing, nothing bad. I don't want people thinking something horrible is going on. Sometimes getting a fantastic blessing means saying goodbye to another fantastic blessing. Things should be pretty public in about a week.
In the meantime I am going to attempt to lift my spirits by sharing some fun kiddo-isms.
We were driving past a huge pasture that was full of cows. When we drove past the farm the first time Lily and Skyler were chattering about random animals and I really didn't think anything of it. But then we drove past it a second time and they were talking about the same animals so I started paying attention.
Skyler: "I love hippos."
Lily: "Those are pigs."
Skyler: "Hippos and pigs are the same thing."
Me: "Are you talking about those? Uh, those are cows."
Skyler: "I love hippos."
When did they all of a sudden forget which animals are which?
Ella is completely obsessed with food. She's starting to anticipate her bottles with feelings of "meh" lately and would much rather be chowing down on just about anything else in her high chair. When she sees the food coming her way she drops her jaw with this mesmerized gaze where nothing comes between her and the food. Her bink automatically drops out of her mouth at this point. Well on Sunday in Relief Society (yes I was released from Primary and get to experience Relief Society now. Crazy! ) they were passing around a basket of mini candy bars. When the basket came within reaching distance from me, I saw Ella turn on her mesmerized look and out came the bink. She just about exploded from my arms trying to steal some chocolate for herself. I love that baby.
We often talk about where food comes from since the kids love helping us with the garden. But when we eat meat, things get sort of confusing for them. They just don't get it. The other day at my parents' house, this conversation happened:
Me: "Where does chicken come from?"
Lily: "Um, bears?"
I was doing yard work in the front yard with Lily and Skyler when the tiniest bee in history started hovering around one of our flowers. Skyler keeping his cool does not exist. I told him to calmly walk away which ended up in him running away and flailing his arms (sometimes I think he should be a cartoon character) screaming in his most terrorized scream, "Go away bee! You won't get any honey from me! Go find a friend!"
3 comments:
Your kiddos crack me up! :)
Kids are awesome!
So funny, Heather! Who knew that chickens came from bears. Haha!
Post a Comment