Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pierced

Lily and I decided that for our date this month that she would get her ears pierced.  We thought it was a big enough of an event that we should invite my mom to come along, too.  As Lily would say, "NOT Daddy.  And NOT Skyler."  It was definitely a girl date.

Lily hopped through the mall as we were finding our way to Claire's and I said, "You get to choose whichever earrings you want."  That's when she walked straight into Zales to point at some diamonds.  Have I ever mentioned that we always have to steer her away from the diamond jewelry display at Costco?  No?  I see an expensive future ahead of us.

When we met Nanni at Claire's, Lily chose some purple earrings (coincidentally her birthstone) and we braced ourselves for impact.  And boy did that girl cry from pain.  But soon enough it was all over with and she looked gorgeous!  We were able to distract her by getting some Chik-fil-a for lunch.  That's when she started getting excited about her earrings.  Mom and I told her that "Daddy is going to melt when he sees you."  And the whole drive home Lily kept saying, "Daddy's going to melt.  Daddy's going to melt."  

(And he did melt, FYI)

And how could you not after seeing this pretty girl?



4 comments:

Sarah Baird said...

So cute! Getting the ears pierced is a big deal, like a rite of passage!

Unknown said...

So grown up! And so adorable. Sam really liked this post. She's super excited for her cousin.

Cheryl said...

I love pierced ears on little girls! She looks darling!!!

Chrissy said...

So, so cute!!! What a darling girl!