There are four women in my life that mean more to me than anything else in the world. My wife, My Mother, and my two adorable daughters (I won't write about these two because they are basically the focus of this blog). All four of these women have made a huge impact in my life and I don't think I can thank them enough.
My Mother. How can someone express in words what their mother means to them. I honestly don't think that it is possible. Well, I am going to try anyway. My mother has been one of the greatest influences in my life. I remember when I was little and basically thinking that she was perfect (I still think she pretty close) and think what an awesome mum I had. She would play catch with me, listen to my crazy songs, laugh through pranks that were played on her, love me when I was scared, comfort me when I was hurt, share endless spiritual experiences, and was always there for me no matter what I had done.
Then came the teenage years when mum was mildly annoying and slightly embarrassing, but I knew she was always there. I remember long talks in the kitchen about the church, friends, my future, and anything else I could think up. I remember looking for her at concerts and plays and how she never missed them. I remember many times being told no and not understand why or not wanting too. I also remember a friend who always looked out for me even when I didn't treat her as kindly as I should have.
Now I am an adult with kids of my own. I now have the privilege of looking back on my childhood and adolescence and seeing all of the things that were taught to me through small actions, long talks, and much patience. I have come to realize that my mum is always there for me no mater how old I get, she loves me still when life gets scary and comforts me like only a mother can, I also know that I can always trust her spiritual instincts and use her for spiritual strength when I feel weak, and I still think what an awesome mum I have.
My Mother may not be perfect, but she is perfect for me!
My Wife. I could be extremely sappy, but I won't be this time. Heather, you have also been a hue-mun-go influence in my life. I know that I tell you I love you all the time and that I am grateful you chose me, but it is true. I am so grateful that I have you as an eternal partner and that I was able to get such an amazing woman to marry me. The past 6 years haven't been easy, but during those 6 years you have become such an important part of me that I can't imagine anything with out you as a part of it.
Thank you for all of the little things that you do that tell me how much you love me and the kids every day. Thank you for being willing to listen about my job even though you don't understand a word I say (I am working on this one). Thank you for understanding what my heart has needed and being willing to nurture our love. Thank you for holding my hand when I have fallen and needed comfort and help getting back on my feet. Thank you for being a pillar of faith for our family and being willing to be at home to strengthen our children. Thank you for being weird with me instead of just rolling your eyes. Thank you for being who you are.
I love you!
3 comments:
Thank you, son. The bottom line is that I love you and always will.
Totally sweet! But I didn't make the list? What? Now I'm going to storm off and eat some ice cream to soothe my wounded feelings..... Love you!
What beautiful tributes!!!!! You do have very wonderful women in your life!
Post a Comment