Sadly I got this shot just seconds after the A/C turned off and Ella's dress was left deflated. Just imagine it being all puffed up and I'll virtually fist bump you. She loves that vent. But let me tell you that that vent does not love her hair. If you've ever wondered what a blond baby afro would look like you should check out Ella after she's done playing with the vent.
While we were getting into the car after church on Sunday:
Ben: "So what did you learn about in Primary?"
Lily: "Sharing. And look! I got a whole bag of candy!"
Ben: "So are you going to share your candy?"
Lily: *shrugs* "Maybe."
(Despite her less than enthusiastic reaction, she actually gave Skyler about half her candy)
When it was Skyler's turn to pray Sunday night:
"Dear Heavenly Father, please bless this food (he still struggles to remember that you don't do that during family prayers). And please bless us that we can live with Jesus again someday because when we get old we're going to die. Name of Jesus Christ, amen." He also told me tonight that since I'm old (25......riiiiiiight) I'm going to die soon.
After Skyler's pooping incident, we had some pretty serious talks with him about how he needed to tell us anytime he needed to use the bathroom. We must have stressed the subject a little too much because as we were leaving the pool on Monday night Skyler started announcing to everybody who would listen that he "DIDN'T POOP IN [HIS] SWIMSUIT!!!" We would try to hush him and change the subject and then he would yell it again, so proud of himself.
Lily sings all. day. long. Sometimes it drives me completely crazy. I'll ask her what she wants for lunch and she'll sing back (in total pop star fashion), "Peanut butter and je-eh-eh-eh-lllllly!" Complete with a 5 year-old fake vibrato. Anyway. This week she was singing the Super Why theme song, and of course, she typically gets half the words wrong anytime she sings any song. But she knows the Super Why song pretty well because I get it stuck in my head all the time and I sing it myself. (Okay. So she's a mini me. No need to point fingers). This was how Lily chose to sing it one day this week: "Super Why! Super Why! He's the guy, he's -- SUP-AH FLY!" Yep. My daughter.
Also, since I'm super pregnant (not that that's my real reason but I like to make excuses for my weirdness) I pick up a lot of things with my toes rather than squat down and start up my Braxton hicks. Lily and Skyler have learned over the years to pick up things with their toes rather than being normal and just bending over. I sort of have this mixed sense of pride and shame in this. Ella is really quick at mimicking. So you guessed it. My 12 month-old is now picking things up with her toes. And when it gets too hard to pick up she'll jam the item in between her toes and then "hand" it to herself. Yep. That's my other daughter.
2 comments:
A good way to start my day...with lots of smiles...caused by my grandchildren.
Ah! The 5-year-old fake vibrato. I hear that every Sunday during Primary singing time. Haha!
Post a Comment