Friday, August 30, 2013

Art and Monsters Under the Bed

Sometimes the art geek side of me gets a little giddy.  Maybe 6 months ago I found that Lily had snuck my Georgia O'Keefe book into her bed and hid it under her pillow.  I was smiling so wide that I put her pillow back on top and let her think it was still secret.  It was definitely a proud moment for me.  I still catch her walking around with it every now and then.
 

A picture of Skyler's room.  At 10:30 PM.  Wait a second...

So before I talked about how he likes to build "nests."  Well this he called his "tent."
 
Finding a monster under the bed all of a sudden has a whole new meaning.
 
 
Quotes of the Week
 
My visiting teachers talking to Lily after meeting her:  "You look just like a princess!"
Lily *giving them a really weird look*:  "I am a princess."

Well dang, y'all.  Don't go stepping on her princess gown or anything because Lily gave them the look.  The awkwardness in the room after that was priceless.



I was holding Ella as she was drinking a sippy of milk and I asked, "How did you get to be so cute?"  She took the sippy out of her mouth with a huge milky grin and shouted, "Dada!"

True story.  But she didn't have to be so blunt about it.  I can't help it that all my kids seem to go for Macbeth-only genes.



When we left the zoo, I had horrible contractions for the rest of the day.  Braxton hicks are a daily part of life for me and so the kids knew the drill: during scripture study, sit as still as possible on Mommy and Daddy's bed -- absolutely no bouncing.  So when Skyler started getting a little rough I had to hold on to my stomach as more contractions started and I told him to calm down through gritted teeth.  Well that day, we're guessing that Lily ended up with shin splints because she kept wobbling and talking about how much her shins hurt.  So when Skyler started bouncing around I was surprised when I wasn't the only one telling him to sit still.  Lily started acting just like me when I'm having contractions -- heavy breathing and all.  Now I know what I look like to her.  I remember having Braxton hicks when I was pregnant with Ella and Lily asked me, "Mommy?  Are you.... dying?"  I just about died laughing.  But it is really sweet when I hear my kids praying on a daily basis for "Mommy's tummy to stop hurting."


1 comment:

David & Brenda said...

So great to be back on line! I missed all of you!!!