Things that have happened this week
- I decided that at 39 weeks pregnant it would be a good idea to lie in the dirt in my back yard and snap pictures of the kids. Because that makes complete sense, right?
- I discovered that Ella, much like her big sister at that age, cannot handle the feeling of sitting in grass and will try to keep her legs lifted up in the air until I pick her up.
- The leaves have started changing color and falling. I'm worried that since we had such a cool summer that Autumn is going to come early and that Ben's parents will miss it when they're in town next month.
- I discovered nits in Ella's hair. Ugh. And it wasn't until Saturday night that I figured out what they were. So Ben was gone all day Sunday with meetings and church while I kept all 3 kids home. What are the odds that the person who got lice first was our little 1 year-old who doesn't socialize at all? We couldn't find anything on Lily or Skyler thank goodness but we still treated all 3 for lice. But we have been cleaning everything so that it's completely eradicated from our house before Thad gets here, because if he's anything like the other three, he's going to have lots of hair. Can you imagine a newborn with lice? Major groan.
- I had to call Ben to come home from church 20 minutes early because of some more hardcore contractions. After a few hours of timing them, we figured that it was -- as usual -- false labor. Ben and I have joked that since I have had regular contractions since 22 weeks that we can basically say that if I deliver Thad on his due date (Thursday) I will have experienced over 3000 hours of labor. Not that I'm counting or anything.
- I got a note from Lily's teacher saying that she is doing really well in Kindergarten. Also, Lily has a BFF who is completely adorable.
- As of Friday, my OB says I'm definitely progressing in the labor department, but if nothing happens on its own I will be induced on the 26th. As much as I actually love inductions, I would love to go into labor earlier than that. Today (or right now) would be ideal.
3 comments:
sending labor vibes your way and hoping for you that you don't have to wait until the 26th.We need to compile a collage of all the babies born this year, i think we counted 6 or 7!
A new look to the blog. I hope that means that a new family portrait is coming once Thad is here (and a little manageable). Thanks for taking and sharing the pictures even though you aren't feeling too well these days.
Post a Comment