Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lily's Party

Lily doesn't actually turn 6 until the 24th, but we had to have her party on Friday the 13th to make sure that many of her friends could be there.  The 12th was the last day of school and so I figured people wouldn't be out of town yet on the 13th.  And we had 15 kids (I think) come, so Lily definitely had a successful day.

We agreed on a carnival theme since we already had a lot of stuff.  We made cotton candy and a few other carnival treats.  We made a few games for the kids like a bean bag toss and ring toss.  And we basically just let the kids go at it once they arrived.  It was fun and we didn't spend a lot of money so normally that means it's a success.  But when you don't spend a lot of money, it usually means that you spend a lot of time.  So it's a give and take situation.



I knew that the one thing I definitely wanted to do was to hire a face painter.  A couple of women in our ward do it professionally and so Yan came over to paint.  She did a great job!  And the kids loved it.  I secretly wanted to get my face painted... 


 Great job, Yan!
(Sorry about the blur)






A couple of Christmases ago my parents gave me an air brush set for cake decorating.  I took a cake decorating class a few years ago and I did so badly in it that I was determined to steer away from it.  But when Lily asked for cupcakes, I thought it was time to try out the air brush for the first time because how hard could it possibly be to air brush cupcakes?



After the party was over and I was completely pooped, Lily told me that this was the best day of her whole life.  That made the exhausting day totally worth it.  

No comments: