We had lots of great ideas of things to do in the mountains, but we had one thing set in stone: the train ride to the Peanuts Pumpkin Patch. We thought it was a great option since it wasn't a haunted train ride (like others are this time of year) and very family friendly. The kids were so excited to do this. It was totally worth the trip for it.
When we climbed on board Ella started screaming out of fear. Of course you never want the people around you to be uncomfortable or upset, so I did everything I could to calm her. Finally after a piece of gum and lots of reassurance, she figured out that the train wasn't scary and was actually quite awesome! She loved watching the river below and pointing out all the big boulders on the side of the mountain.
When we arrived at the Peanuts Pumpkin Patch, Lily and Skyler immediately wanted to start playing. Ella on the other hand was enthralled with Lucy, Charlie Brown, but mostly Snoopy. She took every opportunity to photo-bomb other family's pictures with the three of them. She couldn't leave them alone!
The kids each got to pick a pumpkin to take home. We were thrilled when they all chose tiny pumpkins. That way we didn't have to lug around a ton of weight on the train and back through Bryson City.
A very accurate picture of their relationship. I think it's funny that they're such loving sisters in real life and they're dressed up as loving sisters too -- Anna and Elsa.
They had a small building that was pitch black on the inside but lit up with Halloween lights and decor. There were several doors on the inside and the kids got to trick-or-treat (hence the costumes). The kids were more excited over the fact that they'd get to go trick-or-treating twice this month than they were about the train ride itself.
I was so relieved that the "apple bobbing" turned into a non-saliva-sharing version of it.
For my mom -- the biggest Snoopy fan in the world. Although I think she has competition with Ella now. Ella loves "Soopy."
They roasted marshmallows...
Ella's adoration part one.
Ella's adoration part two.
After the train ride back to Bryson City, we walked to a restaurant that is the #1 restaurant in the city. I was surprised by how few people were there considering how amazing and cheap the food was. Skyler and I had a table to ourselves and so we pretended like we were on a date. We ended up eating there twice because we loved it so much. We also went across the street and bought some chocolates. Seriously, Bryson City is the cutest little town that I just want to adopt, wrap up, and put in my pocket.
When we got back to the cabin, Ben made s'mores with Lily and Skyler while Ella and I watched Harry Potter cuddled on the couch and Thad was passed out in his pack'n'play. I think all of us considered it a perfect day.

2 comments:
woohoo!!
So fun! Did any kids get rocks when trick-or-treating? JK :)
Post a Comment