Before you get any ideas, let me just say that I haven't had time to write in a good while. I guess that's the price you pay with 4 really young kids.
But yesterday morning a friend of mine who is a published author, pleaded for a simple sketch for her book. She was trying to get her book published online by today and so she was in a hurry. No one was responding and so I asked her if she still needed help. She let me know she still needed a simple picture drawn of a swan and she basically needed it right then. It was actually a really fun project because I hadn't been given an art assignment since college and I can't remember ever drawing birds. I have been craving a good art project (Santa may or may not be bringing me a ginormous canvas for Christmas) and this was a nice (and quick) warm up.
I had all sorts of problems scanning it. I had to darken the swan four times to get it to show any detail, so it looks much rougher than I would have liked but I had very limited time and I was also in the middle of stomach flu. (To be honest, sketching was a nice distraction from being sick). Since this is on a book maybe I should say something like copyright Sterling R. Walker???
Rachel, aka Sterling R. Walker, added the swan to the rest of the cover that her son painted. Her book is officially available as of today! But since this is book 3 of 3, you'll want to start with The Orphan Ship. I have loved this story and I'm looking forward to finishing it!


4 comments:
Wow! We have a daughter-in-law who's famous! Kind'a...
nice swan! I didn't know you were an artist too!
You are amazing!!!
Congratulations! You are a very talented woman!
Post a Comment