Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving.  It's probably because I was busy enjoying the day instead of being busy snapping photos.

So I'm scouring the internet for pictures that might resemble our Thanksgiving to some degree.

We drove over to my parents' house first thing in the morning so we could watch the parade.

The kids mostly stayed distracted watching the parade so Ben and I could shop for the last couple of Christmas presents that we needed.  Seriously, I don't get the whole go-to-the-store-on-Thanksgiving thing.  You can get all the same deals online with free shipping and you don't even have to leave your home.  But maybe that's just me...

 We had another delicious turkey this year.  Although we're not weird and we don't garnish our turkeys with grapes.

 We ate pumpkin pie during the day.  None of us did it justice with the amount of whipped cream it deserves otherwise known as eating pumpkin pie "Becca Style" (see above).


This year was extra special because my parents also invited Pranshu (right) and Chetan (left) for dinner.  I haven't talked about Pranshu on our blog before so I'd better introduce him!  This past spring he and my mom sat together on a plane headed to Salt Lake.  The night before my dad had given her a blessing, and in it said that she would meet someone on the plane and would have a gospel discussion with them and that she would know who to talk to.  Well it turns out that Pranshu and my mom talked the whole flight about the gospel.  Pranshu just moved here from India less than 3 years ago and so he didn't have any family to invite to his graduation ceremony for his Master's Degree, so he invited my parents since they had stayed in touch.  After not being able to find a job or an apartment after graduation, my parents offered to let Pranshu live in my old bedroom.  He moved in pretty quickly after graduation and has lived there ever since.  He recently got a great job and will be moving out of my parents' house this weekend.  Pranshu has been great to get to know.  He is very kind and really loves the kids (especially Thad!).   It was so nice seeing both Pranshu and his friend, Chetan at Thanksgiving dinner.  It definitely made it extra special.  This is the first time I have ever been able to say that I've actually had Indians at my Thanksgiving dinner.  :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving! I must admit that when I saw those pie pictures on Facebook last week I wondered why I had never thought of doing that with Cool Whip. :D Apparently, I have more control than some people...

I'm requesting a video of Ella dancing to Shake It Off!

David & Brenda said...

Creative funny post! Good end to my day! :)