WARNING: Long post
It has been over two years since I've seen my sister, Becca, and her husband, Preston. Skyler was so excited that "Uncle and Preston" were coming! And Ella was also excited that "Beccup and Present" were coming!" Becca and Preston were brilliant and brought pop rocks and ring pops for the kids on two different days and started out the vacation with an Easter egg hunt where they had to find their candy.
The only sad part about the visit was that their little Stewart cousin won't be able to play until June. We can't wait to meet that little man!
There is a direct correlation between being near Nanni and easily accessing treats.
Lily learned how to hang upside down for the first time by herself.
On Monday we unfortunately had to drop Ben off at work while the rest of us went to go play at the museum. Seeing this cloud was the very first site at the museum and as soon as Thad saw it he decided that he was not going to stay put in the stroller for the rest of the day. I've never seen him walk/run so much in his life.
We learned about how tornadoes are made. I was amazed that Skyler wasn't scared considering that every night in his personal prayers he prays that there won't be any tornadoes, bad guys, or volcanoes in our house.
Skyler was in heaven with this device that lets your paper planes take off.
I walked over to the rocket station and found Preston and my dad working hard at these bicycle pumps to build pressure while Lily and Ella simply pressed the button to let the rockets go. That is love.
Make no mistake, if the kids ever get a say on who to sit next to on a train or at the dinner table, they will always fight over Preston.
He's gotta burn off all that Cookout and Bojangles somehow.
"Look at my fossil, Mom!!!!"
Ella was determined to push around the empty stroller for quite a while. She actually did a great job until she was so pooped that she had to be pushed in it.
I don't even know how much Thad walked that day, but it was enough that my dad wanted to put his Fitbit on him to get credit for all those steps. By the end of the day Thad was happy to ride on Papa's shoulders.
About a minute after I took that picture I started petting the cow's face and it wrapped its tongue all the way around my wrist! I have a brown stain on my jacket to prove it. This next picture perfectly defines the cow's mood:
And last but not least, the kids were so excited to see some alpacas "cuddling!"
I hope that when Lily is old enough to understand this picture that she will forgive us for the laugh we had taking this.

4 comments:
Hilarious!! Once in a lifetime photobomb!!! Looks like you had a great time! xoxo!
Lots of fun and laughs!! Happy to learn of Becca's & Peston's happy news. :)
What an awesome place for kids! Nothing around here comes anywhere close to being that cool.
Great memories!
Post a Comment