Skyler had his first t-ball game on Saturday. I melted into a puddle on the floor when I saw him.
Knock-knock jokes are the new thing here. One day Lily and Skyler started bouncing them off each other and they were pretty bad (some still are). They really didn't get the hang of a good knock-knock joke. So Ben and I took a night aside to teach them the ropes -- good parenting at its finest, right? They started off saying things like this:
"Knock-knock"
"Who's there?"
"Buh"
"Buh-who?"
"Banana!"
(I can just hear all the knee slapping happening right now)
But then Skyler invented his own joke that had me rolling on the floor.
Skyler: "Knock-knock"
Me: "Who's there?"
Skyler: "Interrupting mom"
Me: "Interrupting mom --"
Skyler: "STOP IT!"
(I now know what I need to say less of...)
I got a citation last month for having an expired registration. The officer told me it wasn't a big deal and that all I had to do was get the registration renewed, take it downtown to the courthouse, and it will be waived. I went and got it dismissed quickly and the guy said, "This won't go on your record and you don't owe anything." I walked out of there happy and thought to myself, "It's like it never happened." And then as soon as I walked out of the courthouse and came to a stop at the street in front of it, the google maps car drives by, recording the fact that, yes, it did happen, and the internet will remind me of this for eternity.
Last night in family prayers Lily said, "And we're thankful that it's January because that means it'll be May soon." ??????
When Ben takes the occasional business trip to NYC I don't have the luxury of leaving the babies at home during nap time/carpool/dance. Being stuck in the car waiting in front of the school for 45 minutes was actually an absolute delight for Ella when she discovered all the different mirrors up front.
One day as I was getting Ella out of bed from her nap (she still wears diapers when she sleeps) she said, "Don't worry, Mom! I'm not poopy! I just have a burp in my bum!"
3 comments:
I'll have to remember that one Ella!
I absolutely loved these pictures!! And a smile/laugh always gives a lift to the day. :) Thank you!
I love your updates! Don't ever stop! :) Also, are you wearing an Uptown Pearl necklace in that third photo? It looks a lot like one that we have, so I had to ask :)
Post a Comment