(blurry photo credited to my lack of knowledge regarding how to turn on the flash on an iphone)
In the beginning of the school year, Lily and Skyler's school did a unique fundraiser -- selling tickets to the Carolina Ballet. They had a few shows to choose from but since I immediately knew I wanted to get Lily tickets for Christmas, I picked Cinderella since I knew she'd love it. Then I asked my Mom if she'd want to come too. Of course she did and so we have been waiting months for this.
Little did I know what a great deal we were getting. The fundraiser charged $27/ticket which I thought was great anyway for a professional ballet (I even price compared online and couldn't find anything that cheap). The only catch was that ticketmaster chose your seats for you, so I knew to expect back row seats. Saying we were surprised when we found our seats would be an understatement. Our tickets gave us 8th row seats on the floor aka $70 seats!
I knew that Lily wouldn't love it as much as my mom and I would. What can you really expect from a 6 year-old? I really just wanted to expose her to that kind of talent. But she really did like it, especially the fairy godmother and the cute little 10ish year old ballerinas who made up the clock. When it was done we walked outside and pointed out the smaller connected theater that Lily is going to be performing her dance recital in next year. Lily seemed to be a little amazed that she would be dancing in such a gorgeous theater (the Fletcher Opera Theater.) Nanni took us out for ice cream afterward which was the cherry on top of a perfect date.
When we're homeschooling this upcoming year I may or may not stalk our current school to see if we can score some more tickets. All in the name of fundraising... right???
No comments:
Post a Comment