Sunday, August 9, 2015

Two Wheels

Lily had her training wheels taken off last summer but whenever I practiced with her it seemed to go nowhere.  She just wasn't ready.  Then Ben had his appendectomy, then his terrible recovery, and then school started and the last thing we had on our minds was Lily's biking skills.

A couple of weeks ago I encouraged her to try it out again.  She had her bike fall on her and she ended up with a big gash down her leg from it which scared her.  But yesterday afternoon I asked her if she wanted to try again.  She surprised me by saying yes!  After just a few minutes of failure [and me thinking for the millionth time, at least with potty training you don't have to run endlessly in the heat...] she finally had a few spurts of biking on her own which built up her confidence quickly.  Within minutes she didn't need any of my help.  





When I got worn out Ben switched with me.  In his bare feet.



The last time Skyler was interested in riding his bike was probably a year ago.  Nothing like a healthy dose of sibling rivalry to make your child want to try something.

3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

It looks to me like you and Benjamin have discovered a new workout program! Way to go, Lily!! Looking good!

thepodfather said...

Great job Lily! We're proud of you.

Becca said...

I love the Lily is wearing a skirt while learning to ride a bike. Love her!