We had plans to take a river tour on a boat for Preston and Thad's (and Uncle Joe's!) birthday on the 22nd, but the morning of we found out that no one under the age of 6 could ride. We had to change plans unexpectedly and quickly and ultimately decided to meet up at Yates Mill Pond -- an old mill in Raleigh that is only 20 minutes from our house here in Holly Springs. None of us had ever been there.
Happy 2nd birthday Thaddeo! You look absolutely thrilled to be here for your birthday!!!
:)
Ella changed on this trip. Before she always preferred females to do anything and everything with her. I had to do everything for her like buckling and taking her to the bathroom. Sometimes she would even let my mom do it. Ben and my dad are a last resort. But on this trip she warmed up to everyone! Progress!
Um, Colby's face.
*melting*
We took a little walk from the museum to get to the water wheel.
The old grain mill stones. A lot of scriptural references came to mind when I saw them.
The front side of the old mill.
As we were heading back Ben called me over to come look at the mill "foundation."
And to think that before I saw the foundation I had hoped to tour the inside of the mill.
Okay, I still do.
There is always excitement when Lily discovers lilies.
No comments:
Post a Comment