Ben and I have always made fun of ourselves because typically when you have kids it's the kids who have to go to the ER or urgent care. In our family, it's always been Ben and me who rack up all the medical bills. In other words, Ben and I are the kids in the family.
Until yesterday.
To put this honestly, Skyler sort of "accidentally" (*shakes head*) pushed Thad off of the trampoline when Thad was trying to get off. Fortunately, for the last couple of months Thad has started speaking much better, so after trying to console him through his, "He hurt me! Oww, it hurts!" we knew something was wrong. When he refused apple pie, I knew it must be bad (this kid is seriously obsessed with apples). So I ran him over to the Urgent Care down the street.
A few x-rays, a bag of goldfish from the nurses, and temporary cast and sling later, we were told that he had a fractured wrist and that he would have to see a orthopedist today. He was asked if he wanted a blue or a red cast and Thad pointed to the red and said, "Blue!" (I love him. A lot).
The doctor told us that the younger you are the faster you heal, and Thad only needs his cast for 2-3 weeks. Suh-weet. And can I say what a champ he is? All my other kids have hated any kind of doctor checkup at this age. Thad handles them all without tears, even when they're twisting his fractured wrist around to pinpoint his pain.
He's been acting normally since they put it on. When he was supposed to be eating lunch on the deck he decided to play peekaboo with Ella instead. That seems pretty normal to me. :)
So lady-like.
If anything, I think Thad loves his cast. It's rock hard and he's already using it as a weapon. Honestly, I say good for him -- except for when I'm trying to buckle him into his booster. That's not so fun.
Now let's pray the rest of the week goes smoothly while Ben's out of town. I woke up with pink eye this morning, too, and could easily see something happening to us each day, simply because Ben is out of town. Isn't that how life works?
No comments:
Post a Comment