Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ella's First Hair Cut


There is no hiding it.  I am completely in love with Ella's hair.  It's blond, she has tons of it for her age, and most importantly, she has the most beautiful natural curls.  I'm not trying to brag here, but she seriously gets compliments wherever we go.  The biggest question I get is, "Is her hair naturally like that?!"  Yes, yes it is.  I never ever get tired of its beauty.

But then the little woman heard about this silly thing called "hair cuts" and wanted to know what that was all about.  I would quickly give a vague answer or change the subject because I wasn't emotionally ready for her to cut her hair.  But she persisted and would keep asking for haircuts.  After a few months I realized that her hair was getting so long it really was getting time to cut it.  After an incident when her hair fell in the toilet, I realized that chopping off a few inches may not be the end of the world.

So one day when Thad was being Thad and threw a ton of mulch in Ella's hair while they were playing in the backyard, I gave her a bath, got her redressed, and realized that I should just get the cut over with while her hair was wet.

So I plopped her on the island stool with Netflix playing in front of her, put Ben's Darth Vader apron on her backward, and got to work as quickly as possible before her wet hair started drying and curling.


This is a picture from our Thanksgiving trip in Pennsylvania.  It's amazing how much 4 inches takes away from someone so small.  The saddest part of the haircut for me was that it had some sort of Sampson effect.  Ever since then she has stopped being a mama's girl and only wants Ben.  It is beyond depressing for me but Ben is soaking it up.

She still looks completely adorable, but I won't mind growing it out again.  :)

No comments: