Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Greatest Show on Earth

As you can imagine, buying "things" for 4 kids on birthdays and Christmas all add up.  Our house is so overflowing with toys that the kids can barely function in it all.  Two Christmases ago, Ben and I decided it was time to stop giving lots of "things" and giving more experiences.  So when Ticketmaster had a buy one get one free deal on tickets on Black Friday, we bought the kids tickets to the circus.  It was their big Christmas present this past year.

I have never seen the PNC arena so empty before.  It was crazy.  But we bought the kids popcorn and sat down to watch the show.







Skyler's favorite part was watching a girl get shot out of the cannon.



Ben and I agree that the circus isn't really our thing, but all the animal shows made it worth it.  The elephants were amazing!  I'm so glad we took the kids to the circus before they retire their elephants this May.





The elephants bounced beach balls into the crowd.  It was so adorable!





I didn't get any pictures of the BMX bike riders at the end.  They were Ben's favorite part.  To be fair I missed a lot of the show because a certain public bathroom enthusiast of ours *cough* Ella *cough* decided that going to the bathroom 6 times was just right.  "Mommy, it's so much fun to go to the bathroom here," Ella said as we left the acrobatic mermaids.  

But the kids all had a great time and passed out on the way home.  And now Ben and I can say that we have taken our kids to the circus and we never have to do it again.  ;)

No comments: