We didn't plan anything grand for our birthdays this year, but I did take over all the night feedings and let Ben sleep in. Then I surprised Ben to 35 post-its around the house, each telling a reason why I love him. It took him over a month to find all 35 post-its so I consider that a success. We went to Costco and surprised him with a Tres Leches cake.
My birthday I spent doing work on my calling in RS (which I love) and chose chocolate peanut butter cookie dough ice cream as my treat of choice. I turned the big 3-0. We didn't have 30 candles and we didn't have a 3 or a 0, so Ben improvised with three candles and drew in a zero.
Unfortunately, a month before this I started feeling PPD coming on and it took full force on the 4th of July -- just four days before my birthday. I had been put on anti-depressants to help which only made my PPD worse. So my birthday itself was actually pretty horrible, but I definitely felt the love from family and so many friends.
Ella made me a sketchbook to help me learn how to draw. I love it so much and it gave me a good laugh when I needed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment