
This post is actually coming a little late. Lily was blessed on the 19th, but, Ben and I forgot our camera that day and so I had to wait for my family to drive across the country to get any pictures of the day. Ben and I were really blessed because all of our parents were able to make it as well as my sister Becca, and Ben's brother Joe and his family. We also had a few close friends from Rexburg there to participate in the blessing. It was a wonderful day and Lily was extra good that day (but of course she screamed while we took pictures afterwards.... you know it just HAD to work out that way.....) Well, Ben and I thought it would be pretty cool if our kids were blessed in the same clothes we were. So this is the dress that I wore oh so many years ago when I was blessed. One thing that I will always remember about that day is that when Lily was in our living room she would just stare at the picture of Christ on our wall. She's never really taken any interest in any pictures we have but she would just stare at it for a really long time! That really touched me and it reminded me of this gift that my ob/gyn gave me the night I gave birth to Lily. It's this poem called Day Old Child:
My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish-
I wish that you could hear;
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod),
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:
"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God-
I left Him yesterday."
3 comments:
Lily looks beautiful in your blessing gown! She sure looks like you, Heather! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person...
I love blogs! Now that I've bookmarked all the various family blogs, I'm hoping to keep up with them better. It brings me such joy to hear how happy you and Benjamin seem to be!!! Give him a hug from me!
I love the poem! I'm so grateful we were able to be at Lily's baby blessing.
Love you!
Mum
Just wait until you have your first granddaughter blessed in that same dress! It's a sweet tradtion that I'm glad we've be able to carry on in our family too.
Post a Comment