Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Well I know I can never get enough Lily pictures so here are some more. She's getting a lot better at tummy-time. She holds her head up like this for about 10 minutes (but with many full body collapses in between). She's also getting soooo close to rolling over. She keeps rolling slightly to one side just to roll back to her previous position. Oh well. Soon enough. In this picture she giving Daddy a big smile!

This picture is actually for my mom. She just mailed me some clothes for Lily that are size 6-9 months.... and here is Lily wearing them at just 3 months! Also, I got my hair cut this past weekend and I love it! You can't really see it in this picture so I'll try to get a good one taken and I'll post it.

So for a cheap date this past weekend, Ben and I decided to learn how to make Molten Chocolate Cakes (one of our favorite desserts!). It turns out to be an incredibly easy recipe and you probably already have all the ingredients at home! The recipe is for 6 6oz. custard cups but we used 4 8oz. cups. Anyway.... on Friday we took it to some neighbors and then on Monday we invited friends over for some more (yes I really wanted some more so quickly but it was some kind of service right?!) Here's a version of Paula Dean's recipe: :)

6-8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
10 T. butter
1/2 C. flour
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray custard cups with Pam. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave. Sirt in flour and sugar. Then add the eggs and yolks. Finally add the vanilla. Bake for 14 minute or until done.
*eat this with vanilla ice cream or a TON of milk because it's pretty intense.... don't say I didn't warn you.....

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You were very prompt with my requests--thank you soooo much. BTW you and Lily look adorable!

Love y'all!

Becca said...

You and Lily look great! But you're right...we need a better picture of your hair! Remember that you can't ever post too many pics of Lily...so keep 'em comin'! :D

Liz Wilcken said...

I tried making that recipe a few years ago, but in a muffin pan. Totally didn't turn out because the little individual cakes wouldn't come out of the pan!!! Drove me nuts, but tasted great :) Love little Lil's pics!

April Bishop said...

I LOVE the picture of Lily on her tummy. What a cutie! You have been lucky to get so many great pictures of her already. Mostly my girls look like lumps for the first year... :)