Although Lily's first Thanksgiving was nothing special, she's been doing better through the weekend. Last weekend Lily was throwing up a bunch and this week she stopped doing that and instead got a cold. Her cold got worse through the week and so on Wednesday we took her to the doctor and found out she has an ear infection! So she's on meds for that and lo and behold... can it get any worse? The answer is yes. Of course. It can ALWAYS get worse (I have learned this in many cases but especially since becoming a mom). Lily had a tooth come through and has another one about to pop out! Poor thing! Thank goodness her memory won't allow this to scar her for life.... Anyway Thanksgiving wasn't anything too special for Ben and me either. We just ate Pizza Hut and put up a few Christmas decorations. However, there is an upside to this little story. Ben's mum and dad came up Friday night and spent some time with us. It was fun having them here. Ben's brother Joe was really sweet and had his parents bring up some of the food that he had prepared on Thanksgiving so we could celebrate it on Saturday instead of Thursday. The food was sooo good! It was really touching to be able to still have a normal Thanksgiving even though we have no family close by or the ability to travel. But here are some pictures of the weekend!

Lily took a few naps with Grandpa. It was so cute!

They're good buds!

We bought a little Christmas village and had little lights inside the houses and Lily was soooo fascinated in them.

Does it get any cuter than bath pictures?! My baby is the cutest!

For Lily's Thanksgiving "feast" we gave her carrots. This is the first thing she's tried besides rice cereal. The picture tells all about how she ate it. It wasn't nearly as bad as the rice cereal though. Although I gave her more today and she just ate it down without any problem!

Story of our lives.

Lily ADORES Ben.

Grandpa bonding time.

Our sweet angel. Although Thanksgiving wasn't the best day, we had an amazing weekend and we have a lot to be grateful for.
Just a fun side story. As I was writing this post and waiting for the pictures to upload Ben was changing Lily on the changing table behind me and realized we haven't taken ANY pictures of her naked. So while she was naked I grabbed the camera and had Ben pose her around (it's always hard to get that perfect picture). Well nature called and Lily started peeing and those myths about how boys can shoot and girls can't is a lie! Ben was holding her about a foot in front of him and she got his sunday shirt soaked! I love that little girl! She makes me laugh all day long!
7 comments:
Sounds like it turned out to be an OK Thanksgiving. We're glad for you. Also glad to hear where and what Dave and Brenda were up to. Maybe you could nudge them to post on the "other" Macbeth family blog to keep us all up to date on them. Maybe you'll have more influence. Watch out for those orange foods - Lee Ann and John's baby has an orange nose from all the sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and mixed foods that all seem to be orange. Of course, it could be as cute on Lily as it is on Tate. I'm just waiting for Lauren to call and say she is back in Rexburg after coming home from the week off. I should have sent you some turkey, too. Next year!! Love, Aunt Karen
Lily is the cutest!!!!....after my kids of course :)
I absolutely LOVE the picture of her and Grandpa sleeping!! So precious! How come there aren't any pictures of her with her Grandma?? Probably because she was behind the camera the whole time huh?
These are the holidays that make memories. One Christmas Uncle Jim and I were at Craig's and Carrie's for Christmas Eve and morning, but we had no plans for the rest of Christmas. We were going to find somewhere to have Christmas dinner, but everywhere was closed, so we went to see a movie. See...another memory! It's nice that Brenda and dave were able to come to visit. :) Joseph is a very generous brother! Cute pictures!!!
I love the pictures - especially the bath one. Lily sure is a cutie. I must say that I'm totally jealous of Grandpa Macbeth! I can't stand it that I have to wait until April to see Lily (and the rest of you as well, but let's be honest here - mostly Lily) again. Love you lots!
Isn't it weird how you used to be the center attraction and now you are just the means to an end? It's been six years since grandma and grandpa came to visit ME. It's all about the grandkids now... How could it not be, when Lily is so cute?
Cute Lilyyy!! Too bad she was sick... like me right now:( I want some carrots!
Yeah -- I just failed my history exam. Yeah, I'm thrilled about it. Yipee. It's okay -- I'll still get a C.... I guess I can live with that:(
I'll get As and Bs in everything else! YAY!
Post a Comment