(This is a picture from Christmas. This is the first time EVER that Lily has slept with us at night. It was extremely cute but Ben and I were both about to fall off our bed since we're accustomed to our california king....)So I was really excited this morning. I decided, hey, Lily hasn't had any fruit yet! Let's try some today..... so I started feeding them to her. Her reaction? She was gagging as badly as when she sticks her whole hand in her mouth. She can eat a ton of green beans in 2 seconds but she gags on the pears.......hmmm...... although I love fruit, I guess I can say she's just going to end up being weird like Ben and me......
Well since tonight is New Years Eve Ben and I have some pretty exciting plans to go to bed early. This is what ended up happening last year also. I thought it would bother me, but it was actually quite nice. As for the New Year I would like to post my New Year's Resolutions (this way I really have to push myself to accomplish them):
- Drink milk EVERY day. I usually get it in almost everyday but this year it will be a daily thing. I hate milk so this one's hard. Don't judge.
- Read as much of the Old Testament as I can. I'm making this one something that I can accomplish because I'm not sure I'd be able to read the whole thing in a year since I'm reading the BOM with Ben also.
- Go to the temple at least twice a month. It sure does get a lot harder to do that when you have a baby! But we have a temple just up the street so I should take advantage of that. This may be subject to change if Ben and I move somewhere that is forever away from a temple when he graduates in April.
- Read every article in the Ensign this year. I heard of another woman doing this and I thought it was a really good idea. I usually just read the ones that seem to apply to me.
- Be a better mom to Lily and a better wife for Ben.
Well I hope that all y'all have a wonderful New Year's Eve! I know I will asleep, under the covers, and all cuddled up in bed.... aaahhh.... I love my bed. :)
8 comments:
hey, those are our plans too...go to bed early! I've finished the old testament which took a year. I skipped "songs of solomon" since Joseph Smith said it's not "inspired scripture." In fact, some of it is plain gross. Anyways, you'll see Joseph Smith's note down in the footnotes. Good luck with your goals. We'll call you later to see how the festivities are going :)
So many cute pictures in your last few posts! I'm glad that you're going to bed! I'll be on the phone with Devin probably...haha.
I've thought about doing the OT too. Do you have a set schedule? We should do it together!
Love pat. ;)
That is a really cute picture of the two Benjamin and Lily! As for the drinking milk, do you like chocolate milk? Then you get your milk and chocolate! How can you go wrong?
Does she eat cereal in the mornings? If she does, you should put part of a jar in with the cereal so she gets used to the taste...
Trying the milk thing again, eh? I remember when you tried to do that in high school!
What great new year's resolutions! I love reading the Ensign, even the articles that don't seem to apply to my life at the time seem to teach me something. And I love that you are going to the temple so often, you are an example to me! I hope I get to meet your little girl soon. Happy New Year!
Very cute picture! I had hoped to me able to meet you and Lily on Skype while you were visiting during Christmas, but I called the day you guys left. If you ever get Skype let me know. Grandpa and Grandma P were up with us until 2 AM. Hmmm...who's smarter?
Heather, it's so funny, I read this post and it's like I could hear you saying every word haha
Thanks for letting us crash at your place the other night, I really appreciated it!
Post a Comment