Sunday, January 25, 2009

.... and World Peace!!!!

Last night Lily had the opportunity to be dressed up as Miss America for the pageant last night! We watched it together and I thought it would be appropriate for Lily to wear patriotic colors, a tiara, and a homemade sash. I was planning this out all week and, of course, things didn't go exactly as planned: Lily had just woken up from her nap when it started, she needed some oatmeal (she likes to suck on her hands at the same time so you can imagine everywhere it ended up), then I put her sash on her which she thought was a nice little snack. So her drool broke her sash in two and her tiara didn't stay on her head (at least that part was realistic). So she's not the ideal Miss America yet, but at 7 months, that's OK. I'll give her a few more years.





Lily's Miss America walk. You can see her nice curves from the movie. They're all over her legs. :)

6 comments:

thepodfather said...

I just laughed and laughed when I read about you getting Lily dressed up for Miss America, but then I thought "Yeah, that's something Heather would do." I'm sure you two had wonderful bonding time. I hope you're training her well on how to do "the beauty-queen wave".

April Bishop said...

Too funny! We used to watch it every year when we were kids with mom. At least the girls... I never got a sash though...

Mike Hopkins said...

Haha this is classic!

Hope you guys are doing well and I'm so excited about #2!

I voted boy.

Becca said...

Way too cute! She's pretty good at walking too! Way to go Lily! She wins in my book! :D

David & Brenda said...

You're priceless...all three of you!

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! Oh if we had a girl!!! I think it would be alittle weird if we did that to Pendie Dean!!! She is really getting that walking thing down! Congrats on that!