- I never would have guessed that of all of the toys in my daughter's possession her two favorites would be an alien head (really it's a catipillar head that looks like an alien, as seen in the above picture) and a broken calculator.
- Sleep is the most important thing ever! I was lucky with Lily. I only had to do nightfeedings for about a month and a half total. She just liked to sleep through the night. But now that I'm pregnant again and EXHAUSTED I'm back at the begining where I sleep when she sleeps.
- I never thought I would cry when she achieved something. Like when she laughed for the first time I got a really good cry out of that. There's just something about her learning and growing that triggers my emotions. But then again it seems like I'm ALWAYS pregnant these days so I could just blame that....
- Going out in public takes more planning than anything else. Just a simple shopping trip or a weekend trip will take lots of thought as to how I'm going to have her packed, dressed, fed, etc. I always have to be thinking ahead! I dread the day when I have to go to the bathroom in a public place when I have a baby!
- I never realized how much love I was capable of giving. Yeah I grew up with a family that I love dearly. And then I got married to an amazing husband. But having a baby is its own kind of love that I just can't explain. My mind always revolves around Lily and what she needs.
I went to my OB/GYN today and it looks like my pregnancy is taking a turn for the better. (Knock on wood). I'm grateful for all of the little blessings I've been given.

5 comments:
I'm so happy that your pregnancy is taking a turn for the better!! But I will still keep you in my prayers! Thanks again for the book!
Luckily, being a parent gets easier as your kids get older. I'm at a stage where I don't really have to plan before going out as much. Just have to make sure they go potty before going. My new stresses are when we're out shopping, and in the middle of the shopping trip, one says, "I have to go potty!" What to do with my full shopping cart? I usually hide it in an unused aisle and take my purse and the other kid too. This happens EVERY week. But not too bad of a thing to deal with.
A wonderful update! Thanks for the pictures! Lily just gets cuter and cuter! I'm DYING because she is soooo adorable...and precious...and for the fact that she's my niece...which basically makes her mine. :) Loves to the baby (and you and Ben of course)!
Oh, and I want a picture of Lily in her tiara on Saturday!
Many congratulations!! It seems to be running in the family right now :) Lily is so gorgeous. Love the hair! I hope you feel great soon.
It is funny the things they end up liking to play with. I kept telling myself that I don't even need to buy Tyes any more toys cuz his latest is just drawing the action figures and cutting them out and playing with those! PS darling pics - lily is a doll! So happy to hear the good news about your new little one!
Post a Comment