I don't want to make it seem as if I hate motherhood, I actually LOVE it. It's just that now things are much more complicated with a little 20 lb. moving-machine around. So what is my latest story? Well last night I was cleaning the kitchen and Ben was job hunting on his laptop in the living room. Lily always plays in the living room and so I assumed Ben was keeping an eye on her. *Note to self: always communicate with spouse to make sure we're both on the same page regarding that matter. So what made me realize something wasn't right? Quite simple, really: a loud crash and Lily's "I'm hurt" cry. I ran out from the kitchen to realize she had tried standing up by pulling on the stool legs. The stool then fell on her and the heaviest part landed on her forehead. So as her face is turning blue I'm freaking out while Ben's checking her pupils, etc. And Lily, of course, is crying the whole time. So how do I calm her down? By singing Old McDonald Had a Farm, of course! For those of you who don't know, this is Lily's FAVORITE song (she particularly loves the bee and turkey verses). Then it was as if nothing had happened to her, although her face was still getting bigger. So we put some ice on her forehead while I read Dr. Seuss to her (she now adores rhyming words) and of course that got her to laugh. Sigh. These little incidents are rare but are probably the most blogworthy moments of my day.One of the better things in life is that Lily is improving her kissing. Whenever I put her down for a nap or for bed I tuck her in, kiss her on the forehead, say goodnight, walk to the door and blow her a kiss before I leave. Well to my surprise she is now starting to blow kisses back. It makes me never want to leave her room even though I need her naptime as much as she does! I have also learned that if Lily's crawling toward something she shouldn't, I just need to blow her kisses and she'll come to me to get some loves. It's moments like these that make me feel a little better and make all the hard times worth it. I just wish she didn't have a red face right now so I wouldn't be scared to take her out in public and be labeled as an abusive mom.....
PS this picture doesn't really show her redness. She has a red mark next to her right eye and this morning her forehead is looking MUCH better.
6 comments:
hey, at least she didn't break her head open like Rose did that one time. Soon enough though, I'm sure. Ok, my nap time. give me kisses lily!
Nice. My girls have pulled many a stool onto themselves and each other... So far, no obvious permanent damage... Good luck when she starts walking.
Ahhhh, motherhood! I can hardly wait til she gives ME kisses! Yum.
Lil is just the cutest! I'm so glad she loves Old Mcdonald!
Ahhh...poor Lily and Mommy!
First of all, I LOVE the cute piggy tails. I also love how easily kids can be distracted. Sami has to get her shots next week, and I am already planning out how I am going to distract her once she gets her little pokes. Maybe I'll try the bee verse of Old McDonald, that's a new one for us. :)
Post a Comment