Tuesday, March 3, 2009

slkjfoincsojrfiosndf.......


I feel like my life has turned into complete chaos. In just a matter of a week and a half Lily has started crawling, started her journey of feeding herself, forgot that a crib is meant for sleeping and is now a cage for climbing, and she pooped in the bathtub for the first time yesterday which meant lots of disinfecting of toys, the tub, and the bathseat. I only have one baby. How am I supposed to have two?!?!?!?! I have to admit that when everyone said to me that being a parent is hard I believed them but in the back of my brain I was rolling my eyes since Lily has always been an extremely easy baby to take care of. But everyday has a small new adventure that I have to deal with. Today Lily must have been thinking, "oh she's FINALLY going to the bathroom! I'll have to do this quick so she doesn't catch me!" I heard some strange noises while I was in the bathroom so I ran out to find that Lily had tipped over the trash can and was unloading it while putting gooey things like Bush's Baked Beans in her mouth. Isn't there some kind of white flag you're allowed to wave when you're a mom?


9 comments:

Becca said...

Goooooo Lily! Wow! She is so good at crawling! Impressive.

I burst out laughing when I read the part about her eating the baked beans from the trash...wish I could have been there to witness it and get a good laugh!

Karen said...

I went thru this phase SIX times and it is shocking me all over again with a crawling grandbaby in the house!! I usually have the garbage put away but Tate can get to the dog dish faster than I can say "Don't eat the dog food!!" What fun! She sure is cute!

April Bishop said...

Nice going Baby Sweet-ems! The twins once, in an unsupervised moment, got into the garbage and proceeded to play with two dozen egg shells... It does get better. In about three years...

Cheryl said...

Your blog brought me such a good chuckle! I know it's frustrating for you, but there is such humour in baby discoveries. :)

Liz Wilcken said...

Yep. I wish there was a white flag to wave. Ladies nights out help me a great deal (after the kids are asleep of course) or enrichment. I come home feeling all energized and ready to tackle the next day! I think it's only a tad bit harder with two, because they're usually destroying the same thing together, so at least it's not divide and conquer, right?

David & Brenda said...

WOW I can't believe how quickly Lily caught on to crawling. She's great at it! And amazingly cute, of course!!

Mary Ann said...

To your "white flag" report I reply, "Been there, done that!" But thank you, thank you, thank you for finally filming her crawling! She's terrific (and so are you and Ben, I might add :D).

Julie said...

One day I'm sure you'll think this was all really funny. I can definitely understand your frustration, though.

I'm impressed with the crawling! Lily needs to show Eden how it's done!

Chrissy said...

Lily is so cute! I can't wait to meet her sibling. I know what you mean about wondering how moms do it with two. I had moments of intense anxiety when I was preganant with Janie wondering how I would handle two babies. But you'll do great. Gratefully infants sleep a lot and the quality of life improves when you're not pregnant. I'm rootin for ya! :)