Wednesday, July 22, 2009

False Labor. Twice. Boo.

I was a little hesitant to go to church on Sunday lest my water break causing me to switch wards out of embarassment. But I told myself, "you're just being paranoid like usual. Go to church. You'll just be sitting around either way." So Ben and I went to church. I had been having some contractions that morning but I didn't think anything of it since I've had contractions for forever. They got worse at the begining of sacrament meeting. As we were singing the sacrament hymn I told Ben that we had to leave as soon as the sacrament was done. So we left (as I was in tears from pain) and started timing. Sure enough, every 3-5 minutes. So we waited. And waited. After 3 hours of consistent contractions we headed to the hospital. To make a long story short the nurse said I was borderline for staying in the hospital. I was just past 3 cm and she said if I could dilate or efface at all they would keep me. So Ben and walked the halls for a good while. After 6 hours in the hospital (starving, I should add) they told me I hadn't progressed at all and that I should go home. Then last night the same thing happened--3 hours of contractions 3 minutes apart. I was getting really uncomfortable so I went to lie down in bed and WABAM! They disappeared. I then remembered that if you change position and your contractions stop it means it's not real labor. I went to bed feeling defeated but oh well. Today's a better day and I'm about to blow up my pilates ball. We'll see if this can help.


As for more pleasant things here are some Lily things. I don't want to end this post on a low note because I'm really trying to be positive about this whole "no baby" thing. So here is my adorable daughter.


It was REALLY hot today. Auntie Becca and I were desperate to cool down so we had ice cream while Lily was bathing, which means Lily had ice cream, too. I'm pretty sure she liked it...... :)



Lily finally learned how to drink through a straw. Sure it was upside down, but it's the same concept, right? I just want to preserve this memory since this was during my 21st b-day celebrations meaning Lily drank quite a bit of my strawberry daquiri. Good thing it was virgin. :) P.S. I know I'm huge.


This movie isn't anything special. Lily's been able to walk with this toy for months but she's never done it with shoes on. She HATES wearing shoes and always manages to get them off but I figured she needs to learn to wear them so she can start walking in public. So here is one of her first attempts with shoes. The first was amazing because she walked with her honey buns out and her head dropped with huge strides. It was priceless.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a bummer! And you're not huge, just prego. There's a difference :). We can't wait to hear what happens.

Karen said...

Hang in there. This stage really does come to an end and you will be launched back into sleepless nights, so breathe deeply and relax while you can...in the heat! It's been crazy hot here too. I told Andrew last night that we need a wading pool in the yard. Good luck!! We love you!!

Mary Ann said...

You go, Lily Girl!

Liz Wilcken said...

Ok, now that I have library internet, I can finally say (even though it's too late).....BIG BOOTY!!!! I think you're cute. Really I do! Really living up to our last name ;)