Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben and America!!!!

Well the partying never stops at the Macbeth house.... or so it seems. Ben's birthday was the 3rd and of course we had to celebrate Independence Day. So on Friday Ben turned the big 2-6. I guess our brains are a little fried from Mother's/Father's Day, Lily's b-day, and our anniversary because we couldn't really come up with anymore ideas for Ben's birthday. So it was just a pretty relaxing day and we just tried to treat him well. Most of the celebrations happened on July 4th.
We started off the day at the Rexburg parade (my first 4th of July parade, as a matter of fact) and that was a lot of fun. Lily's naptime is at 9:30 and the parade started at 10 so she skipped her nap and did very well because she had these stairs to climb/descend over and over again and these two men to crawl all over. Gotta love having a baby who is a total social butterfly.... she thinks everyone in the world is meant to adore her.......
We had some pretty awesome things in our parade. As seen below there was a pooper scooper 4-wheeler for all the pretty horses. Some of my favorite floats were probably the Star Wars one, car washers who all danced, and the Veterans' float that said, "If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a veteran." So bless you veterans out there and thank you for your service for our awesome country! I should have taken more pictures but let's just say that I think I deserved some of my Paula Deen's cinnamon rolls since I was 35 weeks pregnant and outside on the 4th of July....... sooo my fingers were a little sticky at the time........

The rest of the day was fun, too. We watched Star Wars Episode IV and then had a cookout on the dry farms 20 minutes outside of Rexburg. It was so much fun being out there because once it got dark we went to the top of this big hill where we could see all of the fireworks from Idaho Falls to Rexburg. Of course they were smaller from there but it was cool being able to see fireworks exploding from 8 places along the horizon at the same time. It was a great day and I'm glad we were able to celebrate our freedom (and those who have fought for it). As for this week we have some more partying to do as I turn 21 on Wednesday. We still don't have any real plans but let's just say I'm pretty sure I'll be drinking a few virgin daquiris........



3 comments:

Becca said...

LOVE Lily's pics--especially the first one. The rolls on her legs are FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

I'm glad that y'all were able to relax for Ben's b-day. Yay for Ben! What would I do without such a cool brother? I dunno...haha. Love ya, Ben!

Chrissy said...

Love the fat rolls! Dar-ling!! Happy Birthday Ben. And I didn't realize that Skyler is due in five weeks, we'll be looking forward to that post!

Cheryl said...

You are an amazing young woman!!!! I'm so glad that Benjamin chose you to add to our family! And that you agreed!!! The cookout and fireworks sound like the best part of the day. Happy birthday! I hope you enjoyed the virgin margaritas or daquiris.