Friday, July 17, 2009

A July Baby

Well I went to the OB/GYN this morning (I'm 37.5 weeks) and got some awesome news!!!! I'm 2-3 cm! My doctor told me that this baby will be coming any day now and if for some weird reason he doesn't then I will be induced on the 30th! This is awesome news since my original due date was August 3rd and then last week my doctor told me that HIS original due date was August 8th (which just about had me in tears). So yay for an early birthday! This means that all of our birthdays will pretty much be within a month of each other since Lily's is June 24th and Ben and I are at the begining of July. Crazy!


As for other things a week ago I went shooting for the first time! Who would have guessed that I could say I was 9 months pregnant when I shot my first gun?! I have to say it was fun I surprised myself because no one died because of me! My aim wasn't too bad.... in fact..... (since Ben doesn't really read this blog I might be safe saying this) I did better than Ben at first but his second time shooting he did way better than me.


Lily has been making progress as well. She's adding more words to her vocab and she takes about 2-3 steps at a time. I'm patient. When she wants to walk she'll walk. She's also starting to take directions pretty well. When she spills her cheerios on the floor at church or wherever I'll tell her to go get them and point at each one until she gets them all. I would normally do it but reaching the floor isn't one of my fortes at the moment. She also comes when we ask her to and she's gotten VERY cuddly lately. She's never been a big snuggler but Ben and I guess that she's sensing some big change because she always wants to be in our laps cuddling with us. I often encourage her to play with her toys or try walking but she always crawls right back to me and begs to be picked up. So since I know her time is limited as an only child I'm going to cherish these little moments and totally spoil her because it won't be long until she has to share some attention.


Well I'm personally hoping that the next blog post is all about my labor and has pictures of our little boy! We'll have to see! Here we go on our next little adventure!

5 comments:

Carla and crew said...

Isn't it great to find out the joy will be coming SOONER than later!?! Good luck with the labor and delivery stuff!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

YAY!! One of my favorite pictures of me preggo is me shooting an AK-47!! Hope all goes well and soon!!

Linda Westover said...

Carla and I would be delighted to share our birthday (July 30) with your little one. But we'll understand if you just CAN'T wait that long. Best wishes, whenever!

Brenda Sue said...

July 25th is a good day too!! I'm sure Darwin, and Sammantha, and I would be willing to share our birthday with another cousin! Sure love you!!

Julie said...

Oh, good luck! I hope it is an easy labor and can't wait to see the little guy!!! I hope he comes sooner than later, for your sake. :)