I think I'll start with the good news. Sky is close to three months old now and I can say that I'm pretty sure he and Lily are finally starting to bond. Yes, it's taken a while, but what can you expect from a little girl whose favorite game is still peekaboo? Although her "acts of kindness" may not come across as sweet, I really think that she has good intentions when she does the following:- Tries to feed Sky by putting crunched up Nilla Wafers in his ears.
- Shares her toys with him by dropping them in his pack'n'play which may or may not land on him (ouch).
- Tries to color with him by poking him with a colored pencil while he's swinging (don't worry, those quickly went back into storage. There are only crayons now).
- Throws his diapers away for me sometime (OK so that one's really for me, but I think it's awesome anyway!)
- Rubs his head when I'm holding him which may or may not lead to her pulling his hair.... and they say it's awesome that my babies are practically chia pets......
- But my favorite one of all is when Lily rubs her head against his stomach. Don't ask me why but when Lily really loves someone or something she'll rub her head against them/it. So that's quite the compliment to Sky.
Sure some of these might also sound like assassination attempts but I truly think that Lily's starting to love her little brother. And I've noticed that Sky already has a bond with Lily. He just beams whenever she gives him attention. I have waited for this. I think it's really going to be a great experience to watch their relationship grow.
Random: Here's Sky (2.5 months), Eden (2 months), and Noah (1 month).

We gave Lily her own piece. As she was running around Porter Park she quickly added her own topping: dirt. Yay.

The bad news for now is that Ben was just diagnosed with Swine Flu. Yay again. He is currently quarantined in our room so that hopefully the babies don't get this. I don't know that there's much hope for us but I've become quite the Nazi with disinfecting everything and making Ben constantly wash his hands and wear a mask!!! PLEASE DON'T LET THE BABIES GET IT!

3 comments:
You guys are definitely in place for a major blessing!!! I'm glad that Lily and Skyler are getting along! I can see where Lily was confused as to why she didn't have her parents' undivided attention anymore. :) You have a beautiful family!
I'm so sorry to hear about Benjamin! We'll keep him in our prayers, along with you and the babies!!!! I hope he's doing okay!
Sounds like Lily really loves her little brother! They are just too cute! I really hope and pray the you and the babies stay healthy... just when things are starting to get to their "happy" place, the last thing you need are really sick kids! Good luck!!
I am so sorry about the swine flu!! YUCKO!! I'll be praying that he feels better and that the babies don't get it. That stinks, big time.
And I loved how you wrote about how your kids are bonding! It's funny because we were right there with you. :)
Post a Comment