Monday, November 16, 2009

Life Goes On

Lily's "magical chant." I had to add something fun to the post. :D By the way this is how Lily is 99.9% of the time. She's quite the talker. I wonder who she gets that from???? You can imagine how awesome church is....


This past weekend has been evil. Not only did Ben come home with his bad news on Friday but I also ended up getting what I believe to be food poisoning. It was AWESOME. Get any sarcasm out of that??? But I know that bad things happen when AMAZING things are about to happen and that's what I know is the real story behind everything. This is truly a wonderful time for our family. There are a lot of personal things that we're thankful for and some not-so-personal things like my new niece being born! Congrats to Lizzie and Brian whose daughter, Kate, was born Sunday evening. This was Lizzie's longest pregnancy, heaviest baby, and I'm thinking very close to the longest labor (although it was only 5ish hours....). We're excited to have another little girl in the family! And now my parents can finally claim that one of their grandkids looks like they come from the Whale family!

As for Ben and I, we feel a lot of peace. It's funny because when I fasted a not too long ago for Ben to find a job I felt like something was coming soon. And I'm not saying it definitely will. I'm
wondering if I felt him being laid off instead because although we are grateful for his old job, I actually see this as a blessing. So stay tuned to what happens to us in the future because we have an "almost official" plan but it's not quite written in stone. But like I said, we feel peace about the whole thing. My mind is so busy trying to figure things out that I can't sleep and today I even ran a load of laundry while forgetting to put the clothes in!!!

It's interesting to me that Ben's boss (who is a friend of Ben's) let him go because he wanted Ben to have a better shot at a career than working for him. He even told Ben that one of the best things that ever happened to him was being laid off because it gave him more incentive to find a job. So as you may have guessed Ben's new full time job is finding a job. And while I know he's going to go crazy being at home all day I'm just soaking up all the time I get to spend with him. I know this won't last long and I'm going to have to readjust my life when he goes back to working full-time.

Believe it or not but we really are in good spirits here. In fact, this weekend we're going to be making our way up to Washington to spend Thanksgiving with Ben's sister, April, and all of the other Macbeth relatives up there, and we can't wait! We're so excited! So as the great Paula Deen would say, "I wish you love and best dishes from our kitchen to yours!" But since I'm not on a cooking show right now I guess I'll just modify that to "we love all y'all! Thanks for all the love and support!"

8 comments:

Becca said...

I love you too! And I also love that movie of Lily--are you sure she's chanting? I'm hoping she'll turn it into singing! :)

David & Brenda said...

Thank you for that wonderful entry. It helps those of us who love you so much and hurt when you hurt to feel that you and Benjamin really are all right. Of course, we all know that you will be all right in the end, but it makes a difference to feel your faith and positive attitudes. Dad and I love your little family so very much and will continue to pray for you and do all we can from this end.

Incidentally, I love that clip of Lily. I'm pretty sure I heard "I love you" in her little song. :)

Liz Wilcken said...

I love the movie, although I've been watching it without sound (I'll have to watch it again later). Kate didn't really sleep last night (and she was in the nursery!) The nurses came in and practically begged me to keep her in my room for awhile because she didn't seem to like them! Kate insists upon having something in her mouth 24/7. I just barely got her to sleep, so there's no way I'm going to risk sounds yet!

Chrissy said...

Lil is a doll!

I'm so glad to hear that you have peace in your life right now. My dad was laid off this time of year three years ago and it was such a shock, especially for the holidays. You have great faith and are an example to us all.

Becca said...

Just watching the movie again...I think Lil is conducting her little chant. :D

Julie said...

You've been in my thoughts! I'm sure something will work out soon. As it is Tom's last year of law school, we're on the job hunt too. It's hard and scary and overwhelming!! It is a blessing that Ben's full-time job can now be searching for a job. Something will work out and when it does, it will be perfect!!

I still owe you an email about flying with kids--I totally forgot. I will send that asap!

Liz Wilcken said...

Lily's chant reminds me of "Boo" in Monsters, Inc. So cute! Can hardly wait to see y'all at Christmas.

Mom

Becca Meservy said...

Pheb- You're AWESOME. Keep it up!