Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Life is Amazing

Yes, it's true. My life is amazing. I have to admit that I'm slightly embarrassed that I had pitiful thoughts about how hard life was right after Skyler was born. Now that Sky and I are sleeping better (which changes EVERYTHING) and Lily and Sky are bonding, I don't really have any complaints. I've gotten used to my new life and it's wonderful. But just yesterday I had a wonderful experience. I got the chance to go to Enrichment, or should I say a "Relief Society Meeting," and create crafts while socializing. I was gone for a whole 3 hours. Ben was kind enough to watch the babies and then let me take a nap when I got home. When I woke up he said one of the most rewarding things: "How do you do it?!?!" It feels pretty nice to know that having the monotonous life of motherhood is still a challenge and still very important. My life's pretty amazing and here are some pictures to prove it:

This time she was only giving him moral support by sharing her blankie with him. I always have to make sure she doesn't suffocate him with love..... they're starting to laugh at each other all the time. I'm pretty sure that's what the Celestial Kingdom sounds like..... :)

We're planning on giving him his first haircut soon so I decided to give him a little mohawk first...

My little cherub. :)
I fasted this week for Ben to find a job. Since I'm nursing and can't really fast I didn't eat/drink chocolate for a week instead. It has been an amazing blessing for me. Instead of getting what I thought I'd get, I found gratitude for the things I already have. And that's why my life is amazing.

7 comments:

Julie said...

What a great idea for your fast! I love that. I hope everything works out well for you two. Are you looking just in Rexburg?

You've got two completely adorable kids!

Heather Macbeth said...

Actually we're doing just the opposite, we're looking nationwide. So if anyone knows anybody with connections to a company that's hiring let us know!!!! Ben's a business major with an emphasis in Supply Chain aka Logistics, Inventory, Production.... but is pretty much certified to do anything in business. We truly are willing to go just about anywhere.....

thepodfather said...

You are amazing Heather! And Ben and the kids are too! I better not comment on who are the cutest ones ;-) but those sure are great pictures.

BTW, as an old man with somewhat failing eyesight, could I request that you change your background/foreground combination from light orange letters on a blue background to something a little more readable? I had to select the text (which turned it white) so that I could read it easily.

Love you lots and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Liz Wilcken said...

Or just change your font to white. (Sorry, finishing up what Dad said.) Love the stories. Oh, last night Becca and Preston were over, and I had to pull out the blackmail pic of Becca "spitting" on Pres. Monson for Preston to see. Anyways, in the little bag I had was one of our family's (the Whale family) family pictures. You were probably about Lily's age. Mom and Becca were gasping at how much you and Lily looked alike at that age. If I can figure out how our new scanner works, then I'll send you the picture so you can see!

Becca said...

Wonderful blog post! You are very blessed! I can't wait to see y'all next month! :D :D :D

BTW, I was shocked when I saw that picture of you last night. Lily does look like you...with a mixture of Ben of course. :)

April Bishop said...

I agree that the Celestial Kingdom will ring with the laughter of little children. There is no greater sound... I think Sky looks a lot like Ben in the mohawk picture...

Chrissy said...

You are amazing!

Everything is so much easier when you get sleep.

I agree with you completely that babies laughing together is a celestial sound.

We'll be praying that Ben gets a really good job soon.